Mem. Weekend Sales on Dog Stuff -- training books, treats, etc. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Magwart
  • 1 Post By RoseW

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Mem. Weekend Sales on Dog Stuff -- training books, treats, etc.

Training Books

This weekend (through 5/28), Dogwise is offering 25% off of all titles that are under the Dogwise imprint, as well as McConnell Publishing (= the whole Patricia McConnell behavior back-catalog), and Alpine Pubs (which includes both horse and dog titles, including herding). No coupon code is needed.

The sale includes lots of dog training and nutrition titles (even Dodds last book is included for those of you following her). The sale includes some well-known titles like "Mind Games," and Rugaas' "Calming Signals" -- its nice chance to round-out the home library! In a world where many newbies struggle to separate legitimate sources from Youtube crackpots, I think Dogwise is a really good starting place.

Treats

Best Bully Sticks is also offering 20% off site wide with code MDWS19 - great time to stock up on trachea tubes!

What other sales of dog stuff are you shopping this weekend?
Mesonoxian likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 12:45 PM

Are $24 bully sticks from Best Bully Sticks better than Leerburg's $15 sticks?

I've only purchased from Leerburg, so I don't have any comparison data. Can they really be different enough to justify the extra expense?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:06 PM
Administrator

TSC has Muck (brand) boots on sale, and I think they’re honoring their sale prices if you order online through Monday. Those suckers are hardly ever discounted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_Ronin View Post
Are $24 bully sticks from Best Bully Sticks better than Leerburg's $15 sticks?

I actually buy bully sticks from Costco -- I buy other stuff (like trachea tubes) from Best Bully Sticks. My dog loves the big trachea tubes, and even the chips are good "crunchies."

The one thing that I do recall liking better about the BBS bully sticks was the smell (their "odorless" variety has the lowest odor of any bully I've ever bought)...but it's a big price difference for that odor improvement, and it's been years since I ordered them there, given how reasonably priced they are at Costco.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 11:44 AM
Elite Member

Oma's Pride has 20% off everything. I buy their joint supplement - it has worked great for my seniors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:48 PM

Rex Specs has up to 30% off.

Also not entirely a Memorial Day sale, but Home Depot is having their buy a Ryobi battery get a free tool event. Might be good for anyone looking for battery powered fans for trials or events.
Bramble likes this.

Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page