Need a quick response!!!!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Need a quick response!!!!!!

Maggi's (Daisy&Lucky's Mom), husband asked me about GSD rescues. He would like to ask people to donate to one, rather than flowers. He is in Ohio. Can anyone please recommend any rescues in his area? Thank you!
wolfy dog and Sabis mom like this.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

What about Weeping Willow German Shepherd Sanctuary? I have heard of them on the this board - but it was a long time ago.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Try PM'ing @Magwart, I believe she has a wide network of friends in rescue as well as contacts to ask for more info.
wolfstraum and Stevenzachsmom like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 12:30 PM
Crowned Member

What a lovely gesture!

Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts in Ohio. I'll make a call and see if a friend who does GSD rescue transports to see what she knows.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIBackpacker View Post
Try PM'ing @Magwart, I believe she has a wide network of friends in rescue as well as contacts to ask for more info.
LOL! I posted her, right after I started this thread. Thanks!

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Elite Member

Didn't she name a rescue or service that she had help or had contact with when she took in Chevy and Thunder. Check the link in the announcement thread, I think the organization was ORO. It wasn't the rescue she got the dogs but was a source she had contacts with for possible help/info. It was a wonderful thread that you linked to.

Just went back and checked. She referenced Kat from ROR.
Stevenzachsmom likes this.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"

Last edited by Heartandsoul; 02-06-2019 at 01:12 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:17 PM
Crowned Member

Can you check with the German Shepherd Dog Club of Northern Ohio, Madge Kling is president. She might be able to get information about dog rescues. The problem of course is that, rescues sometimes turn into hoarding situations, and I am a little worried about weeping willow going that route. I don't know though.
Stevenzachsmom and JessicaR like this.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartandsoul View Post
Didn't she name a rescue or service that she had help or had contact with when she took in Chevy and Thunder. Check the link in the announcement thread, I think the organization was ORO. It wasn't the rescue she got the dogs but was a source she had contacts with for possible help/info. It was a wonderful thread that you linked to.

Just went back and checked. She referenced Kat from ROR.

But didn't she feel a little betrayed by them...rescue citing the dogs were bonded pair, but when she got them they didn't appear to be so bonded and had to be kept separate? She felt the rescue embellished this bond a little to get both adopted?
If I remember correctly

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Elite Member

GatorBytes, Your memory is in all probability better than mine. I didn't catch that part when I read the link and when I just went back to it, I just grabbed the name I was looking for.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
But didn't she feel a little betrayed by them...rescue citing the dogs were bonded pair, but when she got them they didn't appear to be so bonded and had to be kept separate? She felt the rescue embellished this bond a little to get both adopted?
If I remember correctly
The dogs were actually a courtesy posting and Maggi never had true rescue support. Later, she stated it turned out they were extremely bonded. I dunno.

At any rate, I couldn't find anything on that particular rescue. And.... her husband has already decided on a rescue and a shelter.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page