Diary of a crazy woman - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Talked him down to 4800! Towing says 6800-8350 so we should be good to go, and have made arrangements to pick up Saturday! One week to get the work done and get out of Dodge, lol, with the Dodge.

So Sunday I can start packing Beauty and making the last of the arrangements to depart, will take pictures of my small caravan before we leave.

Timmins here I come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:23 PM

Wow!
The book I wrote my college essay about was “Walden” by Thoreau, and this feels like reading it again...the prologue is over and book is about to start... keep posting with your adventures please! Adventures can seem frightening and horrible as you go through them, and then when you look back, you realize it was the most memorable amazing part of your life...
wolfy dog and Sabis mom like this.

Rumo ~ rescue shepherd/husky mix
post #63 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I swing rather violently between excited and terrified. Can't sleep anymore. Mildly nauseous most of the time. I am sure it will be better once I am on the way but this prelude to moving has been horrible.
@GSDchoice I liked that book, love the writing.
WIBackpacker likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
I swing rather violently between excited and terrified.
That’s how you know it’s gonna be a grand adventure!

If there’s room on your bookshelf, throw in “Wintering” (Geye), “Sand County Almanac” (Leopold), “History of Wolves” (Fridlund), “Indian Creek Chronicles” (Fromm), “The Dharma Bums” (Kerouac). You won’t regret any of these.....
Sabis mom likes this.
post #65 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 10:47 AM
Elite Member

All are excellent book choices!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #66 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 11:00 AM

You'll be fine!You've got the best support group ever to help you through, just a click away.
Sabis mom likes this.

Terri

Samson Blk/Slvr GSD. RN
Misty Husky Mix
Z-Z Terrier/potato mix
Devo Yorkie Mix at the bridge
Dakota Wht GSD at the bridge
post #67 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Elite Member

Best of luck and wishes in your new life! I remember after I'd signed the papers on our house I went home and cried! i had never been to this area either when we moved but it was closer to my work, a more rural area. That's been 28 years ago! Now I am at a crossroad again so to speak, getting older, my grandkids live in another state, still have the same old job, so do I stay or enjoy more of my grandkids growing up?!! So Nice to see someone that's gonna take the plunge and go for what they want! I think you'll do well! Plenty to keep you busy and then you'll be sleeping good at night!
Sabis mom likes this.
post #68 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Well today was a bad day. Yesterday was a horrible day. This is not going to work out well. At all.
post #69 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:05 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabis mom View Post
Well today was a bad day. Yesterday was a horrible day. This is not going to work out well. At all.
Anxiety, fear of the big move emotionally getting the better of you? Did something happen that is interfering with your travel plans?
Talk about it with us and we'll help you through it.
ksotto333 and dogma13 like this.

Ziva 03.07.2013
post #70 of 225 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbrz View Post
Anxiety, fear of the big move emotionally getting the better of you? Did something happen that is interfering with your travel plans?
Talk about it with us and we'll help you through it.

That is exactly what I need. I process when I talk/write, thanks for the reminder.

I stopped eating a while back, living on peanut butter sandwiches mostly. I don't eat well when I am stressed. So I am probably not processing things very rationally. The truck I had lined up fell through, he backed out. Waiting on my money returned. Beauty needed some work, she had a bit of a breakdown on me today. Nothing super major, but I needed repairs done. This house is rented for the first, so I am down to the wire. I thought it would be ok, but it isn't. The shipper for the car backed out, and the shipper for the trailer as well. Reached out to my bank to see about a loan, up the amount available for a truck. No job means a co signer which I don't have.

So at this point if I buy the truck I found today, I will be living in it! Lol. I have all this money in the bank that is locked in and unavailable! And every time I log into my account it makes me angry. Because I am doing this on a shoestring and I shouldn't have to. I already tried to get it but there is no way to break the account at this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page