Who's In? Engagement/Tug Challenge, The Collared Scholar-free online class - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 08:54 PM

no video today, we went for long walks instead. But I do like the tip, keep your elbows in!
CometDog likes this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:35 PM
Elite Member

We did day 2.

Kaiser loves the holding back and chasing to see who gets the tug first... but then he doesn't bring it back to me. I forgot at the time that I could have put a lead on him to bring him back.

Also, when playing tug, if he wins the tug then he just drops it again... and he stares at it waiting for me to grab it and start playing again. How do I get him to keep hold of it and come to me with it?
CometDog likes this.
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Master Member

This thing looks horrible. About as bad as my first 15 minute video lol. We have had a ridiculous amount of fun with it. The new game is awesome yet challenging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180411_182535_1523497168777.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	494050  
car2ner and CometDog like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Elite Member

I'm in and have been doing the challenge! It was so nice to "meet" you all there. I have been on the road seeing clients this week so could not log in to forum ( I have a tapatalk mental block)

On top of doing the challenge, Valor hit the road with me (love the agreeable weather) and we have been sneaking our 10 minutes in everywhere Ruger has been with my BF all week and also doing the challenge. We reunite tomorrow after 7 days and will be indulging the pooches together for a week!
car2ner, islanddog and KaiserAus like this.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

I LOVE the "killed" towel photo.

Great to meet all of you here too. FB is overwhelming me, I'm just scrolling through, so I'll continue in here.

This my "other" day 1 session. The one that left me think Sonic hates tugging because I need to entice him with food. There's things I'm doing wrong here, but he's obviously having a blast, so weather permitting I will try to stay in the habit of video of my sessions,
day2 &3 instructions were, well, instructive, it'll be interesting to see how things progress.

car2ner and CometDog like this.

SONIC--Dominican Street Collie aka 100% Unknown Fibers
All of my other dogs were GSD's, sadly missed, moving forward

post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 10:36 AM

my boy and I have been playing tug for years now so he is pretty good at ready my body language. Good thing since a couple of times I realize I hadn't set the toy up well or the dog wasn't positioned well and aborted the bite. Both of my dogs seem to catch on and it has saved me from some finger damage. I'm out of practice from not playing tug much over the winter. Sadly it is already getting a bit hot for my big-boy to play hard.
Apex1 and CometDog like this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Master Member

We are slowly progressing. Apex is such a fetch and chase dog he is so used to dropping the toy for another throw. Kong on a rope and a ball any ball his choice toys. He really likes the chase me to they toy game. I know he will love the find it game.

We are building the desire for the old towel, going well. He tugs a bit more each day which is nice. He needs lots of wins.

I have never raised a dog before Apex, but I have played with some, been around others. My mom had a tug crazy dog he wasn't to big on trashing but he pulled back big time and always brought the toy back for more.

Apex pushes in a majority of the time so it has been more difficult for me to figure out how to play this way.

We are both really enjoying learning a new game. I am so glad I signed up for this.
car2ner, islanddog and CometDog like this.
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Elite Member

I am really enjoying the challenges! I havent posted video on FB because it is just so...vast lol I'll post video here today or tomorrow. Been crazy busy!

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Ugh, today was awful, and I went on too long. I'll review my vids later. But lesson learned, all good.

@Apex1 so glad your having fun, great stuff.

@car2ner I watch and learn, nice dancing, I mean tugging.
CometDog likes this.

SONIC--Dominican Street Collie aka 100% Unknown Fibers
All of my other dogs were GSD's, sadly missed, moving forward

post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanddog View Post
Ugh, today was awful, and I went on too long. I'll review my vids later. But lesson learned, all good.

@Apex1 so glad your having fun, great stuff.

@car2ner I watch and learn, nice dancing, I mean tugging.

thanks, I think. I still haven't gotten the nerve to watch my last year's videos.
islanddog and CometDog like this.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page