The Official Useless Thread - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Vault_101
The Official Useless Thread

A couple of forums Im on have this kind of thread and I figured I'd give it a shot here too. It's basically a place for random thoughts, ideas, opinions etc that you don't want to start a whole new thread for. On a local forum I belong to it's gotten to around 300 pages with only a dozen or so active members.

I'll start, went to Mcquire's last night for a belated birthday dinner with my brother and got the shepherds pie, it's pretty much a bowl of awesome, a hearty beef stew topped with cheese then mashed potatoes and then baked. He tackled the Irish wake, a mason jar of various liquor and orange juice tinted to a green color, they let you keep the jar when you're done.

Also, Im pretty excited because I'll be getting some extra income on the weekends painting cars again. Did that for four years until I moved over to working with cranes

pretty big change from painting cars to working with the nations 7th largest crane company

Bear- Blue Heeler born 2/14/09
Rex- GSD born 07/01/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Knighted Member

Sounds like your movin up in the world.....so to speak.

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."

post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Busy day today, took the dogs to the dog park, got baths, nails trimmed, and advantix applied. Doesn't sound like much but my blue hates getting his nails trimmed. Earlier this week i was sitting with him saying "you know you're getting your nails trimmed this weekend right? oh yeah it's gonna be done, nails nails nails, gone gone gone" Then he looks at me funny and slaps me in the face with his paw.

No joke, that happened

Anywho, is anyone on here playing Bioshock 2? Im thinking the first one was better

Rex- GSD born 07/01/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Crowned Member

Rorie had her nails done this week too..so did Anja Anja acted like she had a trip to the beauty salon and enjoyed it...Rorie screamed bloody murder she is such a drama queen
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Master Member

I've been to McGuire's pub for St. Patty's day years ago and drank their green beer. Lived down there for a year. Have cousins who went to Catholic High there. Know the city well.

-Kevin-
Roll Tide!
Free food and care to rescues just takes one click a day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bearclaw Von Wiefelspuetz (Bear) - GSD 06-27-09
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Knighted Member

If the 7/11 store is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Why do they have locks on the door?

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

So they can secure the store after they get robbed. haha.

Has anyone noticed the huge increase in crime? Im curious if it's nationwide or just my area but everyday on the news there are break ins, shootings, drive bys, etc. This wasn't always the case around here. As of late I sleep with a 12ga on my nightstand, not to mention a german shepherd at my bedside. My guess is related to the state of the economy, no brainer there.

Also, I think we might've had a small tremor or something last week. About mid day at the shop all the buildings shook violently for about 10-15 seconds, my girlfriend called and had experienced the same thing at our house. Everyone came outside and looked for smoke and listened for sirens but nothing.

Rex- GSD born 07/01/09
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Phazewolf Send a message via Yahoo to Phazewolf
I think a lot of people are dealing with crime no matter where they live at. And a nice 12ga is just what I picked up the other day myself. If they come in my place they will be dragged out in a body bag.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I figured but, I was curious if anyone has noticed a pretty big increase in crime. I guess desperate times are bringing out the worst in people

This probably sounds harsh and cruel but my personal opinion is if someone is daring enough to break into my house for the crap I have then better be will to tango with either a 3'' 1oz slug, buckshot or 000 buckshot mag depending on what kind of mood Im in. Also if someone is to break in I will shoot to kill, Im not going to have some criminal turn around and sue me for bodily harm (and it has been done) or even worse get out of prison and come back for revenge.

My buddy lives in a nice neighborhood but he has still had people in has backyard, break into his 07 durango, and try to break into his garage. He caught the same couple of guys in the act several times and had them sighted in with his 12ga, they kept coming back for more. One night he left the shotgun inside and brought out his leashed 3yo GSD. He says he could clearly see they were more scared of the dog than the shotgun.

I guess it's because people don't believe you will shoot them if they're just stealing something but they can't predict what a dog will do.

Rex- GSD born 07/01/09

Last edited by Vault_101; 03-02-2010 at 04:33 PM.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Knighted Member

Im a corrections officer in a state prison. You are right about a dog getting someones attention. Some offender are willing fight with officers, get gased, taken down hard and restrained. Most of the time that can all be avoided when the officer shows up with the dog. Sometimes we have to switch in an intire wing for whatever reason. They dont always comply. As soon as the dog shows up you start to hear doors slam..lol

When the dog gets on scene he knows why hes there and cant wait to get to business and he lets it show. Barking, pulling on the leash, growling and basicly actly like each of those guys is his next meal. As soon as everything is under control he goes back to being himself, wanting pets from the officers. We have one dog on each watch. By the time the dog is bought, trained and ready to work the cost is around 30,000 dollars.

And its worth every cent. They save countless injuries to staff every year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page