A day of cats leads to stuffy nose - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

A day of cats leads to stuffy nose

Since there was nothing going on this morning, I thought I would go spend a couple of hours catching up with some things at our local Humane Society. While in the office I met the neatest basset hound mix with black/tan markings like a GSD. Wonder who (or more to the point what) his daddy was?

Duty for the day? There were a bunch of cats needing their pictures taken to update the records and to get them listed on the websites so I and another volunteer/board member with camera and notebook in hand went off to do this simple little chore.

Ha-Ha. We didn't factor in cats needing to be held and cuddled, cats with zoomies zipping around underfoot, or trying to step over cats and toys scattered on the floor. Needless to say it took a little longer than originally planned.

If was fun but when we finally finished I was ready for a break. I've had cats and never had a problem with them before. Maybe it was the time spent with approx. 30 cats in a confined area but I tend to think it was the cat litter but I now am sneezing and all stuffed up. Next time I'll know to stop at the store and pick up some OTC allergy medicine.

Did you know that when you tell a cat to sit and stay chances are that it will not obey? They tend to give you a "I will not look" and just as the camera clicks they usually have turned their back to you and give a close up tail shot. Take a cat that will play with a toy for an hour, aim a camera, and all of a sudden they just glare at the toy and you with a look that doesn't tend to make them very adoptable attractive.

Now, I'm anxious to see how many of the pictures that we took can be used. Maybe I should be wondering if we will ever be asked to take the cat pictures again or just be given litter box duty next time?

TJ aka Theresa A. Jennings
Pyro vom Wildhaus aka Kaleb ~S.T.A.R.~
Family Companion, Non-Profit Mascot, In-Home Service Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project (ADAP),
Humane Animal Education & Services (HAES),
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Crowned Member

Re: A day of cats leads to stuffy nose

Quote:
Originally Posted By: ILGHAUSDid you know that when you tell a cat to sit and stay chances are that it will not obey?
Have you ever heard this before? A dog will answer the phone rings when it rings but a cat will take a message and get back to you.

One of our cats, Neely, is a true diva. She thinks this is her house and we are here merely to serve her highness.

Sean: Adopted July 1999
Neely: Adopted May 2005, LH Tabby/Tortie
Gizmo: Bi-color Persian 2009
Neeko: Purr-fect Persian Cat (3/91 - 1/05)

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

I see you have Persian cats. I had never seen a calico colored Persian (I'm sure mixed) before today. It has the neatest golden brown eyes which I've never seen before in a cat either.

After today I can only respect pet photographers even more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz

My daughters are both allergic to cats.

My youngest has friends with cats, and she's found that if she takes Claritin Reditabs (which melt immediately in your mouth) she can spend the night and yet manage to avoid the symptoms! And the Claritin works for 24 hrs!

Dogs are hard enough to photograph. I can only imagine how tough it is with cats! lol
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

I've never had problems with cats before. I've lived with 4 different ones in my home for years. That's why it was so strange but then I've never been in a confined area for any length of time with so many.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page