why did I bother... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

why did I bother...

going to work today?

both the girls were sick this weekend. I took them to the doctor yesterday and youngest was given the all clear to go back to school I got to work at 6.30. she got to school at 7.45. the school called me at 8.02.

throwing up. she hadn't thrown up all weekend. bah, so I managed to work a whole 90 minutes so far this week. I should have just stayed in bed.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Crowned Member

Re: why did I bother...

so sorry!
That stinks hope they are feeling better soon

Dawn
GSRNE Volunteer
"A dog a day keeps the Doctor away!"

proudly owned by:
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC GSD 5/4/05
Cooper von Nordosten, GSD 12/27/10
Missy, Chocolate Lab 3/9/03
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Crowned Member

awwww...poor kids....there are some nasty bugs making the rounds this year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

you should have been at the Dr appt yesterday. Allie is singing and dancing around the room while I'm trying to convince him that she really IS sick and that this is actually subdued for her. he finally listened to her chest and was surprised that she DID have crackles in her lungs.

not possibly because I've known her for 9 years and you've known her for 9 minutes??? *sigh* I hate having to see a new dr. their old one left to go back to school
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Dainerranot possibly because I've known her for 9 years and you've known her for 9 minutes??? *sigh* I hate having to see a new dr. their old one left to go back to school
*Shudder* the thought of breaking in a new pedi! Last winter we had a round of something. DS#1 is a 'very busy person' in my pedi's words. She saw him sitting in a chair in the waiting room and just knew it was bad, really bad.

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

yeah, her old one was the same way. In July, she had pneumonia and was singing and dancing around the room. also, she very RARELY runs a fever, no matter how sick. so it takes a while for Drs to get used to.

I hate it when they just automatically assume that you are over-anxious. Oldest was also sick and they focused on her most. I tried to tell them that she wasn't as bad and her "death" expression was because they made her put on the breathing mask, not because she was sicker. she's 14, she always has that "bored to tears, on death's door" expression when she is unhappy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Crowned Member

In my area there are several schools closed due to illness. The H1N1 is suspected, because this early in the season is not the normal flu time. I have to take my daughter to the Dr today for a check up, I hope she doesn't pick up the flu there!

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

they did a flu swab on the oldest. but I've heard that they actually aren't that reliable.
so far, we only have 2 confirmed h1n1 cases in the local schools. but a lot of kids are out for "undetermined" respiratory infections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page