Bravecto side effects - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-07-2019, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Bravecto side effects

I am not a breeder by any means but my SIL who is a vet told me that Bravecto (3 month flea preventative) can limit fertility and cause smaller litters or infertility. She called it anecdotal information from her decades' long vet practice. Just wanted to mention this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Crowned Member

I gave it to my WL when we were desperate and nothing else worked in spite of all the negative publicity. It was a bad mistake and now this is even worse. Is it permanent or does it reverse when they stop using it? The problem with anecdotal evidence is that it is a small sample and could be biased, so it’s not scientific. But now I have anecdotal evidence that it caused skin eruptions and overgrowth of bacteria in my dog, which has not returned to that extent since he is off of it.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-07-2019, 10:26 PM

All these chemicals we are told to put on or in our companion animals are poison in my opinion.
tc68 and Orphan Heidi like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-07-2019, 10:49 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
All these chemicals we are told to put on or in our companion animals are poison in my opinion.
Right! It's a pesticide. You certainly wouldn't drink Roundup or any Ortho product. So why would it be OK for a dog, even though they've tested it? I'd love to see the studies done with the incidents of cancer (or any other disease/damage to organs) and the link to Bravecto and Nexxgard or any other oral medication. Those 2 are somewhat new products so I can't imagine there being a large enough sample size in the drug testing phases. I don't know.
Orphan Heidi likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-07-2019, 10:57 PM
Crowned Member

In our case, it was the inert ingredients which made mine sick. I found a better substitute.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-15-2019, 08:28 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
In our case, it was the inert ingredients which made mine sick. I found a better substitute.
Care to share your substitute ? I hate giving all the concoctions, but I am in the middle of tick country.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Crowned Member

Vectra 3 D. Topical. It has more liquid than Advantage and streams on wet so you need to follow directions, then exercise the dog to spread it around. It can run off so it needs to dry quickly.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-15-2019, 11:05 PM
Crowned Member

Vectra did almost nothing for us up here. Same with seresto. I just gave both my boys their first dose of Nexgard and no problems and no ticks. Fingers crossed.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-16-2019, 08:49 AM
Crowned Member

Interesting I wonder if it effects people near the dog also in regards to fertility. I do like Advantix plus it repels fleas , ticks and mosquitoes. I skipped one month of it and one of the dogs got limes disease. We have so many deers in the area and some months are worse then others. I have dogs and cats on it in the past when it was called advantage then advantage plus and they are all did live long lives. Passing away of old age. I do feel safe with it even though it is a chemical. Not sure how that tiny tube can do all that magic and not be smell offensively. It can not be any worse then all the dips, shampoos and flea sprays of the past. Wondercide is good but that is strong smelling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Unread 10-16-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
I totally AGREE. I won't do any orals and limit the spot ons for this reason. They are ALL poisons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in