Pedigree - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 25Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Crowned Member

Telling you that you need to go train dogs and actually learn things is not bashing. You are asking all of us to condone your backyard, uneducated, breeding plans. For instance, there is a vast difference in what "drive" means vs. "Energy". A difference between civil and weak nerved. You can have a low drive dog with excessive energy who is unable to cap. Until you know these things, you have no business breeding and I'll stand by that statement whether you like it or not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Lmao thank you for telling me I need to go learn and train dogs. That is what I’m currently doing mate. You don’t know my daily activities. I’m here to learn yes but whatever your problem with me is go take it somewhere else. I’m not going to be a backyard breeder. Goodbye.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 04:49 PM

breeding out of the standard is pretty much the definition of backyard breeder....

Lee Hanrahan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 08:52 PM
Elite Member

Just an observation but instead of being upset by some of the replies, if you are that intent on breeding and asking about pedigrees why haven't you asked what is it about this pedigree that causes a question on the ability to work. Which side and or individual dogs would contribute weak nerves, which for strong. Etc.

I just find it a bit strange that you aren't asking questions that will further your understanding. There is a combined wealth of knowledge from the members who have responded. Your questions may not be answered but at least it will give substance to your intent.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:08 AM

Please Breed To The Standard

For what I see, the question was a general one about if it is a good pedigree or not. The poster said they wanted a puppy. At first, it just seemed like they wanted to learn what they were looking at.

As I read more, I realized that the posters intention was to breed. Sooner1468, keep in mind you are asking a board of germen shepherd experts if you should breed that dog. Expect an honest reply Ė we have been breeding for some time and as mentioned the absolute definition of a backyard breeder it someone who doesnít breed to improve the breed. There are standards for a reason. Itsí so very important!

If you go a couple generations back, you see a couple SCH3, but we have to go back to 1989 to find that! From a visual, its not the ideal conformation. Have you seen the puppies movement? Yes, those dogs seem way too tall and we all breed to the standard. Its not a slam, itís a fact. Not to offend, but youíre going to have to get thicker skin if you want to learn about breeding.

Please learn more before you decide to breed. None of us see anything amazing there worth it, Iím sorry to say youíre better of going to volunteer at a rescue and some shows to learn what you are looking at and the difference. It takes years and its all about the journey. What everyone (I think!) is trying to say is please donít breed any dogs that donít meet the standard and improve the breed. Once you have worked with some experienced people and learned more, you will develop an eye for it. Please be patient it takes years. Never ever ever be in a hurry to breed anything, especially when you don't know what you're looking at as compared to what the standard is.

Welcome to the board, we all hope you will stick around and learn more if this is your passion.

Best,

JG
WorldGermanShepherds.com
Shane'sDad likes this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 08:02 AM
Crowned Member

Some of the breeders listed on papers provided-they use the alot of backyard breeder terminology- straight backs and emphasis on large sized with weights listed are red flags. One of the dogs is 144lbs and many dogs male and females are on the over standard -extra large size. Which just that alone shows they are breeding out of standard and are backyard breeders. Not to say your pup will not make you very happy. Through your training you will find out if your pup would qualify in therapy work. Enjoy your pup!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 03-14-2019 at 08:21 AM.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Well, I think most of the posters have done a nice job of NOT educating the OP and probably scaring them away. Good job. Attacking people has never done much to educate and it definitely doesn't work to force them to your way of thinking.

Sorry, Sooner, for the less than helpful posts.

ADMIN Lisa

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page