Quick Question k9-1.com - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

Quick Question k9-1.com

Hi All,

This is a question strictly our of curiosity. Does anyone know what lines the following dog has come out of. I found this dog on youtube the other day. The dogs name is Bucca, and you can see a son named "mouse". The youtube user posted a website k9-1.com, but I do not find the website that effective. I have no desire to purchase a dog or use their website, this is just out of curiosity of what lines this particular dog has come through. If you search for youtube for Bucca and k9-1 you can find the videos, this website says I can't post any links until I have posted three times, bummer I know.

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:27 AM
Knighted Member

Is this the dog you speak of. I could only find one video. May be more. I didn't look that hard.

https://youtu.be/7yqx3pOEY_g

Athena BH, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

cdwoodcox,

Yes that is the video of him. I was really curious if anyone can find the lines that this dog comes from. I find genetics, and pedigrees very interesting.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:16 PM
Crowned Member

At 1:21 the wording says he bites with everything he's got, so of course right on cue he misses an easy bite. I would have edited that. Lol.
Jax08, cdwoodcox and CometDog like this.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

A little more digging into it, I may have found the Dam of Mouse who is a son of Bucca. I know this doesn't answer my question on Bucca but I found the Dam of one of his sons.

Nora z Vetrneho Vrchu

I may find Bucca if I look hard enough now.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Crowned Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=Lw7P3TN4MOY

I have a question for you guys. When this puppy bites the handler in frustration and then is released to go bite the tug, is that a good idea?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:23 PM
Crowned Member

I get why you're asking, but what I don't like is all the overloading of a young pup, the total of all thats going on. He got bit because he's holding him by the flanks. I wouldn't think of it as a dog being rewarded for it, more that the handler became an adversary right then and not something the pup will think repeating gets him to the tug.
Thecowboysgirl likes this.

Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:41 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
I get why you're asking, but what I don't like is all the overloading of a young pup, the total of all thats going on. He got bit because he's holding him by the flanks. I wouldn't think of it as a dog being rewarded for it, more that the handler became an adversary right then and not something the pup will think repeating gets him to the tug.
Cool, thanks. I didn't think of that at all
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Knighted Member

I like that the young dog wanted to get to the bite bad enough to turn and bite. Shows that the dog has potential. Don't know if these guys will bring him to his full potential. After watching this I doubt it.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 05:17 AM

This is an old thread. Bucca was my dog and has since passed. He had cancer. Bucca broke his leg early in life (before he became my buddy.) The vet contributed the cancer to environmental stress due to the metal rod used to mend his leg.

To answer your question. Bucca, was Ol’ Czech lines on top and KNPV lines on the bottom (Rakker and
Bonnie V Austenberg) . Bucca, was sharp w/ loads of aggression and a super hard mouth. He was not for the faint of heart.

RIP...buddy. I loved him dearly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page