German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Bloodlines & Pedigrees (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/)
-   -   What are the more serious GSD lines? (https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/bloodlines-pedigrees/677874-what-more-serious-gsd-lines.html)

Julian G 12-17-2016 12:59 PM

What are the more serious GSD lines?

Hi,
I am curious to know if there are any known serious/hard gsd lines left and what they are. Thanks for any and all information.

Steve Strom 12-17-2016 01:06 PM

Personally, I'd never mind lines and concentrate on breeders or someone you can trust to help you import or buy a dog. You can find whatever you want, if you deal with the right people.

Steve Strom 12-17-2016 01:08 PM

What happened to Dutch Shepherds? Not matching the hype?

Julian G 12-17-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Strom (Post 8238938)
What happened to Dutch Shepherds? Not matching the hype?

Nothing happened. I want to learn more about GSD lines.

Steve Strom 12-17-2016 01:17 PM

No assumptions Julian, its just my firm opinion that you can read so much stuff about Czech, East German, West German, and none of it is as important as the the knowledge of the breeder and its always better to see then read. One person's "serious" is another's "Mule"

Julian G 12-17-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Strom (Post 8238962)
No assumptions Julian, its just my firm opinion that you can read so much stuff about Czech, East German, West German, and none of it is as important as the the knowledge of the breeder and its always better to see then read. One person's "serious" is another's "Mule"

No worries, I didn't mean Czech vs DDR vs WGWL... I was more curious about the actual sire and dam lines known for producing more serious/hard dogs. Sorry if I wasn't more clear.

lhczth 12-17-2016 01:33 PM

What do you consider serious?

carmspack 12-17-2016 01:42 PM

I would consider active aggression , rather than the prey based dogs

Julian G 12-17-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhczth (Post 8238986)
What do you consider serious?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carmspack (Post 8239010)
I would consider active aggression , rather than the prey based dogs

A raw dog that stays in the fight under a lot of pressure. @carmspack, you may be right, but I have seen actively aggressive dogs who were this way because of an underlying fear.

carmspack 12-17-2016 02:13 PM

there is a difference between active and reactive aggression.

the difference is seen in the dog in the "normal" state - when no aggression of any sort is needed.

there is an aura of power and will