What are the more serious GSD lines? - Page 13 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:01 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsilver View Post
Don't have time to read whole thread - will catch up later - but is the Orry being referred to Orry von der Kine, or the Italian Orry?

Orry (IT) CMKU 46238,

Orry v h Antverpa

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Master Member

@mycobraracr My godfather is retired SWAT and a retired Police Chief, that dog reminds me of the K9s he worked with. High drive, sleeve or no sleeve. There's anxiety in the bark, but his body language overrides it which to me says it's an excitable anxiety. This reminds me of the K9s that will throw themselves against the inside window if you get too close to the squad car. I've had that happen. Lol!

They don't mess around.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MacKenzie - Workling Line Female (In Loving Memory)
Wolfram - West German Showline Male [SG1, CGC, DDN, CN, EN, IN, VN]
Bash - Working Line Puppy
post #123 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Crowned Member

hey sunsilver , this is one of those threads that is worth reading from first to finish .
Orry Antverpa Orry von Haus Antverpa

I would add Gento Larwin to the list if he is not already mentioned Gento von Haus Larwin

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbale View Post
@mycobraracr My godfather is retired SWAT and a retired Police Chief, that dog reminds me of the K9s he worked with. High drive, sleeve or no sleeve. There's anxiety in the bark, but his body language overrides it which to me says it's an excitable anxiety. This reminds me of the K9s that will throw themselves against the inside window if you get too close to the squad car. I've had that happen. Lol!

They don't mess around.

difficult to express to someone something which experience , good comparisons and good mentors can teach you -- the nuances and the feeling a dog out

I hear frustrated prey reaction .

Can this dog do the job ? Oh , I would say so . He has the intensity .
Being reactive aggression is not saying that the dog lacks courage .

The "fire-up" might be quicker to ignite . Ultimately the threshold may have a lower ceiling ,
but not one that handi-caps the dog from getting the job done.

there may be issues with being over wrought , too easily stimulated, not being clear and not coming down and returning to a base of stable and discerning.

physically the dog might have stress reactions which will create inflammation, adrenal exhaustion, digestive impacts -- more wear and tear in general.

and speaking of general I am not targeting this dog - but the reactive aggressive dog in general.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #125 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
difficult to express to someone something which experience , good comparisons and good mentors can teach you -- the nuances and the feeling a dog out

I hear frustrated prey reaction .

Can this dog do the job ? Oh , I would say so . He has the intensity .
Being reactive aggression is not saying that the dog lacks courage .

The "fire-up" might be quicker to ignite . Ultimately the threshold may have a lower ceiling ,
but not one that handi-caps the dog from getting the job done.

there may be issues with being over wrought , too easily stimulated, not being clear and not coming down and returning to a base of stable and discerning.

physically the dog might have stress reactions which will create inflammation, adrenal exhaustion, digestive impacts -- more wear and tear in general.

and speaking of general I am not targeting this dog - but the reactive aggressive dog in general.
All I am saying is that he reminds me of those dogs. I can't make a determination based on a short video, it would be irresponsible to do so without actually knowing the dog.

I grew up around K9s and had some excellent mentors from the field, thus just going off this video and my own personal experience.

HolyFriedFish likes this.

post #126 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:09 PM
Crowned Member

I'm trying to respond from my phone, and it's not going as well as I wanted lol. I will respond when I have a chance.

To be clear, I own the dog in the video. I have since 8 weeks old and there isn't much anyone is going to say that I haven't heard before. I know this dog in and out which is why I put him up for discussion. So don't be shy. Both of you are correct IMO. Some things I'll address when I have a chance and try and post more video.

Stupid work gets in the way of good educational conversation.
kimbale likes this.
post #127 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
I'm trying to respond from my phone, and it's not going as well as I wanted lol. I will respond when I have a chance.

To be clear, I own the dog in the video. I have since 8 weeks old and there isn't much anyone is going to say that I haven't heard before. I know this dog in and out which is why I put him up for discussion. So don't be shy. Both of you are correct IMO. Some things I'll address when I have a chance and try and post more video.

Stupid work gets in the way of good educational conversation.
Oh!!! I'm excited to hear your input!

post #128 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Crowned Member

do recognize that I never said he lacked nerve or courage or the ability to do a job well.

the question is - active aggression or reactive . I see reactive.

He is very much like the two brothers that went to SWAT in the USA .

Carmen

post #129 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Since this is your dog, we are not hearing a defensive reaction. Maybe a bit of stress with dad threatening him and prey frustration, but not defense or reactive aggression. A better picture of the dog would be with a helper/decoy he does not know.

Because I knew this was your dog, my response is a bit tainted.
mycobraracr likes this.

Lisa Clark

SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena IPO1 KKL CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) IPO2 KKL B/HOT, and gone but not forgotten,
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

post #130 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Crowned Member

Carmen, I actually agree with 80-90% of what you said. So don't feel like you need to tread lightly It's far too easy to be kennel blind, and I feel to use my dogs appropriately I need to stay as unbiased as possible. Unless we are talking about Kimber in which case she's perfect bwahaha.

The banshee scream as I call it, he's always done. So at this point, it's not something I look to for too much insight. I actually wasn't working him, my brother in-law who he'd never met was wearing the suit. I was just going to pick up the suit jacket for him and decided to screw with the dog. I can't post the rest of that video because my brother doesn't want it public.

For reference to the bark, here is the same dog at 4 months old and his first time ever being worked. He had been a dog where 80% of his work has been control. Not devolpment or drive building. Saying he's like a lot of LE dogs would be accurate too. Multiple agencies have tried to buy him.

https://youtu.be/b6PpyVDU9os
kimbale likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page