I'm not one to have you critique my dog, but please critique her pedigree. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I'm not one to have you critique my dog, but please critique her pedigree.

I see my girl as perfect, so the last thing I want is for people to point out all of her physical flaws. Ha! Here's her pedigree:

http://pedigreedatabase.com/german_s...devi-vom-engel

However, my skin is a little thicker when it comes to names and titles on paper. I would love to learn more about the lines that went into making her. She has been awesome, not perfect, but awesome for the almost 7 years I've had her.

I want to put a better pic up on Pedigree Database, but I don't remember my name and password and had a difficult time trying to reset it or contact a mod/admin from their site to reset it for me. I kinda gave up.

Oh well, I don't know much about her lines. I see you can go back 7 generations for linebreeding as well as her pedigree. If you want to take it back that far to give me a history lesson, that's fine. Do what you have time to do. I am not picky. All I know is that Ursus von Batu is supposed to be the "biggest name" on there. Not sure who else is on there and what their legacy/input/donation was to the future and betterment of the breed, if any.

I look forward to your replies, and thank you in advance for taking the time to help with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

134 views and...
post #3 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Crowned Member

... And all you get is someone saying she has an incredibly sweet and gorgeous face!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Norden von Narnia (Hans) DOB 1-15-12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rolf, black German import ♥️ DOB 6-7-2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
... And all you get is someone saying she has an incredibly sweet and gorgeous face!
Well thank you!!!

I know Nara is from show lines, but there are experts on here that can tell me more than just "West German Show Lines." They can dive deeper into details that I would never know just by looking at names of kennels. That's what I'm hoping for.
post #5 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Knighted Member

Hi -
This pedigree is kind of all over the place. Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. The dogs are so far removed from anything of worth that one cannot really say with certainty what this combo will produce because there is no consistency of type or lineage. The parents seem like pets that were bred because they were WGSL and male to female. The grandparents seem to be from countries like Peru with no discernible or recognizable titles. For example, I have no idea what a CABDA is - maybe someone will chime in. Anyway, this is mostly a pet lines type breeding - too far removed from any dog of note to say anything reliable about progeny.

Seems like you enjoy her and love her - that's what is important. Pretty girl - good luck with her

Ash

post #6 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbchottu View Post
Hi -
This pedigree is kind of all over the place. Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. The dogs are so far removed from anything of worth that one cannot really say with certainty what this combo will produce because there is no consistency of type or lineage. The parents seem like pets that were bred because they were WGSL and male to female. The grandparents seem to be from countries like Peru with no discernible or recognizable titles. For example, I have no idea what a CABDA is - maybe someone will chime in. Anyway, this is mostly a pet lines type breeding - too far removed from any dog of note to say anything reliable about progeny.

Seems like you enjoy her and love her - that's what is important. Pretty girl - good luck with her
Thank you for your time. I was also wondering what the CABDA title was about. And yes, Nara is very loved. I've already been put in situations where I was willing to die for her. She is my first dog, and my favorite. I honestly cringe when I think about her passing one day. I don't know how I will handle it.

But yes, to end on a happy note, thank you once again for looking over her pedigree. I know you didn't have to, but you volunteered your time to assist me.
post #7 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 05:52 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Not sure there is much you can get out of the pedigree. She seems to have a lot of Showlines with a very small smattering of DDR and W German Working lines...At 7, WYSIWYG, as you said.

It seems more people on the board have working line dogs so I imagine some of the heavy hitters in pedigree analysis are not going to have much more to add, but the comment above seems solid to me and I am no pedigree expert.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #8 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Crowned Member

Hey Counter, I have problems with initials, don't show, train dogs, honestly only want them as a friend.. But, I remember when I was looking up initials, I came across Yugoslovian working dog titles...CAB has something to do with Protection, and then A had to do with marking and D was the marking...thats all I can remember. I don't know if it all goes together or not, but maybe its a jump start point for you. Deb

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
post #9 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Crowned Member

qbchottu said
"This pedigree is kind of all over the place. Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. The dogs are so far removed from anything of worth that one cannot really say with certainty what this combo will produce because there is no consistency of type or lineage"

nothing could be further from this analysis . This pedigree is so intensely narrowed in the gene pool that it may as well represent a new breed with a new founder . That being Canto Wienerau.
I looked at the pedigree more than once just to be sure . Each time I went to the 6th generation.

Did not see any
"small smattering of DDR and W German Working lines"

Pure show -- heavy duty Uran Wildsteigerland -- Canto

So deliberate and consistent that I had to check whether I had been stuck and was repeating the same dog or whether I had advanced to the next dog .

Try it . Nara Simha Devi Vom Engel

enter this pedigree . Now go to the very last dog that the show and click and That dog's 3 generation pedigree shows.

this shows you the inbreeding on Fanto Maifeld
5 - 4 VA5 Lasso di Val Sole 00.39% 03.13% 5 - 4,5 VA1 Canto von Arminius 00.39% 03.71% 5 - 5 VA2 Quanto von der Wienerau 00.20% 02.34%

Babsy Friedewald 3 - 3 2X VA1 Uran vom Wildsteiger Land 03.14% 06.45% ↳4 - 4 ↳V12 Irk von Arminius ↳5 - 5 ↳V Pirol von Arminius ↳5 - 5 ↳V Dunja vom Weilachtal ↳4,5 - 4 ↳V Palme vom Wildsteiger Land ↳5 - 5 ↳VA5 Fina vom Badsee ↳5 - 5 ↳V Nick von der Wienerau 5,5 - 4 VA16 Zorro vom Haus Beck 00.39% 03.32%

Zito Badener Land
4,4 - 4 2X VA1 Uran vom Wildsteiger Land 00.78% 04.88% ↳5,5,5 - 4,5 ↳V Palme vom Wildsteiger Land ↳5,5 - 5 ↳V12 Irk von Arminius 5 - 4 V Xaver von Arminius 00.39% 02.54%

Espe Mausespitz

4 - 3,4 VA6 Odin von Tannenmeise 01.59% 06.93% ↳5 - 4,5 ↳SG3 Häsel von Tannenmeise 5 - 4,5,5 2X VA1 Quando von Arminius 00.40% 05.86% 5 - 5 V16 Dax von der Wienerau 00.20% 01.71% 5,5 - 5 2X VA1 Uran vom Wildsteiger Land 00.20% 02.54% 5 - 5 V Xaver von Arminius 00.20% 01.76% 5 - 5 V Palme vom Wildsteiger Land 00.20% 02.15%

Ursus Batu

3 - 3 VA6 Odin von Tannenmeise 03.17% 06.93% ↳4 - 4 ↳SG3 Häsel von Tannenmeise ↳5 - 5 ↳V Dixie von Tannenmeise ↳4 - 4 ↳2X VA1 Quando von Arminius 4,5 - 5 2X VA1 Uran vom Wildsteiger Land 00.39% 03.32% 5 - 5,5 V16 Dax von der Wienerau 00.20% 02.49% 5,5 - 5,5 V Xaver von Arminius 00.20% 03.32% 5,5,5,5 - 5,5 V Palme vom Wildsteiger Land 00.20% 05.27%

Ilka haus Fruhauf

3 - 4,5 2X VA1 Uran vom Wildsteiger Land 01.57% 05.66% ↳4 - 4,5,5 ↳V Palme vom Wildsteiger Land ↳5 - 5 ↳VA5 Fina vom Badsee ↳5 - 5,5 ↳V Nick von der Wienerau ↳4 - 5 ↳V12 Irk von Arminius 5 - 5 VA5 Lasso di Val Sole 00.20% 02.34%

Karats Olex
4,5 - 5,5 2X VA1 Uran vom Wildsteiger Land 00.39% 04.10% 5 - 4 V Quina von Arminius 00.40% 04.30% 5 - 4,4 VA7 Fedor von Arminius 00.40% 04.49% 5 - 5 V1 Dando aus Nordrheinland 00.20% 02.25% 5 - 5 V Palme vom Wildsteiger Land 00.20% 02.15%

Lissi Grauen

4,5 - 4 2X VA1 Uran vom Wildsteiger Land 00.78% 04.10% ↳5 - 5 ↳V12 Irk von Arminius 5 - 5,5 V Palme vom Wildsteiger Land 00.20% 02.93%

and if you were to follow the 6th generation back in the same manner you would have Canto in the center , the trunk of the tree.

all show lines.

I am glad your dog is as wonderful as she is for you .

Carmen

post #10 of 342 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Knighted Member

Sorry Carmen - you may know working lines, but you are incorrect in this matter. Had a few heavy hitters over last night on their way to the GSDCA Sieger Show - just for conversation we looked through this pedigree because I had a friend point me to this thread. This breeding was not intentional and not planned out. If you can go back far enough, you will find commonalities in all dogs - every Shepherd is linebred on somewhere down the line. I get your agenda with pointing out that showlines are back-massed on a few key dogs, but this dog is too far removed for you to predict anything about this dog based on linebreeding that many generations back. And the linebreeding was certainly not intentional looking at the lack of foresight in this breeding and that of the parents. Someone decided they had a few WGSL dogs out of Germany and put them together, few generations down, this dog was produced - it does seem remotely intentional. Neither you nor me nor anybody well-versed in showline pedigrees could say anything about this dog other than it is a WGSL. You are rrrrreally reaching with this post imo

But carry on - we all have an agenda to push

Ash

Last edited by qbchottu; 10-02-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page