Anyone own a Czech or DDR working line dog? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 01:19 PM
bga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
I do. He was a buzzsaw as a puppy, but has now turned into the most wonderful pet ever.
If you like those lines, make sure you go to a knowledgeable breeder and have her select your puppy. You won't be sorry.
Thank-you Sunflowers. We also have a Narnia dog. We love him, but he has yet to exit the "buzzsaw" phase, as he's barely 4 months old. Glad it will end some day though....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGates View Post
Was he harder to handle as a puppy than your other GSDs?
I was actually worried that we had gotten a "couch potato" until he was about 8 months old because he slept so much and didn't play a lot. BOY....was I wrong!!! He did do a lot of barking while he watched me in agility class working our other dog, but he is a very vocal dog, where our German/Czech female and our past ones were not unless alerting to something. He typically barks half way around the agility course because he's having so much fun!
He can just about pull my 250 pound husband to his knees when he is tracking because he is SO strong and LOVES it so much!
Our others were half Czech too. They all had similiarities, but ALL SO different! He wasn't "hard" to handle, we just have to manage him because he has so much exuberance for everything!
We LOVE the Czech or the Czech/German mix, and I think you will too especially since you do out door activities.
Moms
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 02:18 PM

Masi in my avatar, love her to death
danger danger vom kleinen hain

Diane
Ozzie vom Kleinen Hain
Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Master Member

You really need to decide what you want in a dog and go out and see some dogs training. Again, the primary influence on the dog's temperament are going to be its parents, not whether it is Czech or DDR. Also, what specifically are your goals for the dog? Even then, pups are a crapshoot. You sound like you are concerned you might end up with too much dog for you to handle. That isn't likely unless you have some good connections to people with strong dogs and since you are green that isn't going to happen. You should be able to manage most any pup unless you don't do any self education on how to raise a pup with some drive and character.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 01:11 PM

*** Removed by ADMIN ***

Soliciting females for your male is not allowed on this board. You might try some of the GSD groups on FaceBook.

ADMIN
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 06:56 AM

I know this is an old thread. I have a 7 month old, he's Czech and DDR lines. He has heaps of pohranicni straze dogs in his lineage. His great grandfather is Chuligan z pohranicni straze. He is everything that they should be. He's blacker than the night, bold, fearless with nerves of steel. Nothing fazes this boy. He's going to be a big dog. Has an amazing personality very strong nose,intense shake. Just a great pup.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:27 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl View Post
I know this is an old thread. I have a 7 month old, he's Czech and DDR lines. He has heaps of pohranicni straze dogs in his lineage. His great grandfather is Chuligan z pohranicni straze. He is everything that they should be. He's blacker than the night, bold, fearless with nerves of steel. Nothing fazes this boy. He's going to be a big dog. Has an amazing personality very strong nose,intense shake. Just a great pup.
He sounds amazing! He seems to have a mystique and a darkness, like a good cologne. Does he have many schutzhunds in his pedigree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page