Zidane vom Haus Sevens - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Wolfspirit, Onyx walked past cages with barking dogs, didn't react, very confident and sure of himself. Very observant, owner told tech that he walks down street, doesn't react at other dogs, but walks down the street in complete control, very aware of his surroundings, protective, I think you got a great pup.
Thank you! He is my first working line GSD, and has so far been a dream. He is also very confident but sensible and kind too. I hope he stays that way! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Knighted Member

Zidane's son or grandson?
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 PM

zidane

Quote:
Zidane's son or grandson?
Sorry, wasn't sure if this was being asked of me or not.

Kofi is Zidane's grandson (on the sire's side)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Knighted Member

Ah, was confused because JasperLoki said Onyx is Zidane's son and I thought you guys were talking about the same pup.

Fine looking boy BTW!!!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Crowned Member

Zidane was a top top world level competition dog in Belgium

He has not been used enough by breeders with females that should cross well with him IMO due to personalities of owners and business practices. His production could have been much better if he had been used with females that could have overcome a few weak spots that were common knowledge in Europe - here if these issues are discussed or even mentioned, it turns into a holy war!!! Ego and personality again rearing it's head to the detriment of the breed!

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Crowned Member

When people state such things, ask for specific examples and specific dogs. I heard some "dribble" about a few dogs this AM, but the person that started the information and relayed to my friend did not have any examples, just vague comments.

Breeders needs to look at what he was bred to in Europe and the lines. What clicked and what did not. Where the dogs were places and what did they do.

We have a Zidane grandson. Very aloof, one person dog. Strong temperament and personality. Lot like one of Gabor's other dogs from before. But, no issue, not reactive. But, Gabor knows how to handle a dog like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:17 AM

I am in Alabama and I purchased one of his offspring, Buddy (8 years old). Buddy has a very good temperament and is truly working line shepherd. He loves to play ball!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page