Best Grooming Products? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Best Grooming Products?

Hi guys

Mom & Dad are coming for a visit in December and I'd like to send them home with the best possible GSD grooming supplies. Their vet (who makes house calls!) brings them a few generic things every visit but you guys all know that our guys deserve the best!

Thoughts?

My opinions & knowledge can and will differ from those of Animal Planet. I'm no expert, just an enthusiat. Please do not confuse one person with an entire brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Nikkoli110
Re: Best Grooming Products?

The Furminator! Best thing I've ever purchased for my dogs. It removes SO much dead hair its amazing. You can find it for cheap on Ebay or Amazon (Pet stores usually sell it for $45+, Amazon or Ebay is usually $25+) My girl's coat is absolutely beautiful and my house is much less hairy.

Nikki
Proud Mom to
Katie black & tan GSD 3 years old
Titan all black GSD 2 years old
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:27 AM

Yes! The furminator really is the best!!! It sounds too good to be true, but it seriously gets so much hair off it's ridiculous. I used to pay big bucks to take my dogs to the groomers (and I still do sometimes, just to make them feel pretty) all the time because there is so much hair. Regular brushing with the furminator has reduced hair in the house significantly.

Emily
The Rescue Crew
Diesel 14 wks Blk GSD
Bentley 14 wks Sable GSD
Tasha 2, Shih Tzu
Oskar 3, Sable GSD
Jake 4, Sable GSD
Allie 10, Bi Co GSD
Keller, RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Wow! You know...I've seen the commercials and I always wondered if it really DID remove that much hair. I will have to check it out

Thanks guys!

My opinions & knowledge can and will differ from those of Animal Planet. I'm no expert, just an enthusiat. Please do not confuse one person with an entire brand.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to Nikkoli110

Yes it definatly does. I wish my camera had been charged the first time I groomed Katie with it! It was CRAZY. Definatly worth it!

Nikki
Proud Mom to
Katie black & tan GSD 3 years old
Titan all black GSD 2 years old
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Crowned Member

Earth Bath shampoos. Is that the name Cassidy's Mom? I LOVE THEM! I take them with me to the groomer for her to use. SOFT coats. Smells good and takes away the itchies.

I also use a rake a lot. The Furminator works on some of my dogs and others it not great, depending on their coat. Double coat-great, single-good a few times a year when they shed.

I am hoping to have the budget to get a Pedicure this month. Not sure if that is worth it basket wise-but there are some threads about that.

I like a curry comb type comb or Kong Zoom Groom, too. That seems more massage-ish but does get some hair out.

I use a spin brush when I brush their teeth-but that's not often enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Crowned Member

Earth Bath products are awesome!

I like to use the "between bath" spray after I brush them extra good..great smell (we have the mango tango) and gives their coats an extra shiney smooth zip! I like that it lasts for more than a day (the nice smell) I can smell it days later when I bury my head into their coats

http://www.earthbath.com/between.html

The furmintor works GREAT on Kelso (plushier coat) but I cannot even use it on Allie (tighter coat with what appears to be barely any undercoat) I use a rake or just a standard brush on her.

Hey Jean let me know how the pedicure goes if you get it. We have a dremel that works well but I was still thinking about getting the pedicure.

-Steph

GSD's
Allie, gotcha 7/2007

Forever our angels
Meeka, b. 10/31/94-11/25/06
Kelso, b. 9/3/2006-2/09/12
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Crowned Member

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Yes, the furminator is AWESOME!!!

Here is Branca after being "furminated"

</span>
maxtmill likes this.

TAMMY
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Branca's Mom<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Yes, the furminator is AWESOME!!!

Here is Branca after being "furminated"

</span>
WOW!! I could sleep on that LOL!! I am getting one of those things!!

Shawn & Stacey

Duke~8 1/2 GSD~ 2007~2016 Always Near
Molly~ 3 GSD

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 PM

I just ordered one of these. I can't wait to use it, JD has been shedding like crazy the past few weeks.

John Denver-4-19-08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page