Suppliment Question- Gluco + - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Suppliment Question- Gluco +

I needed more Cluco/Chond for the Paq and Sam's did not have the same stuff that we had previously purchased. They had smaller bottles for more money.

The bottles seemed nearly identical but what is the difference between Cond and MSM with glucosamine?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 03:37 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Suppliment Question- Gluco +

I have found that the Gluc/Chon/MSM is the winning combo. I have had no luck with just plain Glucosamine.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Master Member

I second BowWowMeow I have used that combo with both horses and dogs and have good results, although I also add Vit C as well as both MSN and Vit C are very important to connective tissues. I also always used Cosequin it is expensive but very worth it and they have multiple lab reports to back up their claims.

Dawn S

The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting HOLY S%*T what a ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Master Member

I think it all depends on the individual dog (or body). For Myrika (with dysplastic hips), glucosamine works best with chondroitin...the msm is hit or miss. I've tried different combinations with pure, powder forms from an herbalist.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Crowned Member

I also use Ester C and it has really helped several of my dogs including Rafi.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

My sheps all get viatmin C, E and glucosamine. Until this time around all Gluc was with Cond. This time I got the one with MSM so I will see how it goes for them.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Crowned Member

Then there are dogs like one of mine and Barb E's dogs that can't handle Chondroitin. It is a larger chain molecule than Glucosamine and some dogs and people can not process it then it causes stomach upset.

Val

Cheyenne-2/02 DeeDee Little Bit-6/02 Lakota-1/03 Raya-9/05
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Wisc.Tiger...and some dogs and people can not process it then it causes stomach upset.
The same with MSM. I cannot take it for the same reasons. One of my dogs with a sensitive digestive system is usually belchy with too much MSM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Crowned Member

I don't think that glucosamin alone is optimal. But it does depend on the dog. Max can't tolerate MSM -- it makes him pee uncontrollably (go figure). They both get a product with gluco/chond/vit C, and Indy gets glycoflex each day too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page