Ears? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-25-2008, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ChancetheGSD Send a message via Yahoo to ChancetheGSD
Ears?

Used to I cleaned Chance's ears with just a q-tip in the little creases and then used a cotton ball or tissue paper to wipe everything else down. I didn't really use anything except those. I picked up some "NaturVet Ear Wash with Tea Tree Oil" at Petco about a week and a half ago. I used it once the night I got it and used it again tonight. I noticed he had more icky stuff in his ears and they seemed to be "waxy". (Like a light yellow wax not that blackish stuff though he had a little bit of that) Anyone ever used this brand before? TTO is suppose to be a natural anti-fungus from what I've heard which is why I bought it in hopes to make his ears healthier even though there were no problems before. Is it just that maybe they were nastier than I realized before and so this stuffs cleaning them out or what? :S I've never gone into his ear with anything, just always cleaned around where I can see so maybe it's just loosing everything out of where I can't reach?? Which would explain the reason for his ears being...Nasty, today?

How often do you guys clean your GSD's ears?

He's not bothered by them. No bad smell/odor, no scratching, no rubbing his head against things, no tilted head, they aren't red, ect. Just...Unusually waxy. :S Which had never occured before using this product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page