SynoviG3 chews vs Nupro? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

SynoviG3 chews vs Nupro?

I have been looking around for a joint supplement to start Cooper and Ava on for quite some time now. After looking at the options at PetsMart, Petco and I have narrowed it down to the following:
Synovi G3 chews or the Nupro.

What do y'all think?

GSDgirlAL-Proudly Owned by:

Ava - GSD
DeeJay & Shelby - Beagles
Cooper - Golden Retriever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Elite Member

Re: SynoviG3 chews vs Nupro?

Synovi G3. I have had great luck with it. Check online retailers, i.e., KV Vet Supply, etc. You can probably get a better price.

GSDs Rock!
Liz Brannan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Elite Member

i've never seen synovi G3 chews, but i use nupro (in addition to glucosamine & chrontadin (okay, i don't remember how to spell that) for teagan's HD.

i love the gravy style of the nupro - teagan thinks she gets a treat EVERY dinner, and i can also hide her meds in it easily. you're probably not doing meds, but she does definitely love the taste.

Teagan RIP
Luc 15.5 yo GSD
Neb, husky/terrier/lab? X, DOB 18.4.2008
Xerxes, beagle, ~3yo
Cats Mitch RIP; Lear RIP; Esme RIP; Timothy and Cordelia
Nikolai & Eco the bunny couple extraordinaire RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Crowned Member

I'm going to plug the Springtime Inc. products ('cause otherwise people would be disappointed in me!).

I've used both Joint Health and Longevity and been very pleased with both. Their prices are very competitive (if you buy in bulk you save TONS of money) and their customer service is phenomenal. Plus they support gsd rescue!

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Crowned Member

Springtime Inc? Do they make the fresh bee pollen supplements, or am I totally confuzzled? I get often lost on the 'net.

I love Nupro, but it unfortunately has flax, I think. Grimm, and many dogs, cannot tolerate flax.

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Elite Member

SynoviG3 Chews are my choice. One chew has 450mg of Glu and 400mg of MSM etc. No grains.....dogs love the taste. My 11yr old and my two fosters (Hansel & Gretal) get them.
Gretchen gets CytlM Joint Action Formula which has some of the supplements as suggested by Dr. Clemmons (Florida) in his studies on DM. The supplements have made a big difference in Gretchen with her DM and arthritis issues.

CAMP PAPPY
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: BrightelfSpringtime Inc? Do they make the fresh bee pollen supplements, or am I totally confuzzled? I get often lost on the 'net.

I love Nupro, but it unfortunately has flax, I think. Grimm, and many dogs, cannot tolerate flax.
Yes, they do sell the bee pollen supplements. There is bee pollen in the Longevity product actually. Rafi is on that now and Chama is just switching over.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Elite Member

They also make Synovi G3 chews in the Equine formula. Exact same ingredients, a bit more molassas smell to it and you don't have to give two-or-three chews, just one. The big bucket price is very close to the canine bucket price.
My escape artist beagle slammed the heck out of her neck when she made a swan dive off the porch because she got a scent. She has been on muscle relaxers and pred for a couple months months now and the only other option was the open neck/chest surgery. The surgery has a high mortality rate, doesn't always work, and is very costly. I do cold/hot therapy on her neck, no heavy exercise, and give her a chew every day. Her meds have been able to go down to every other day and hopefully we will continue to wean her off them.
Other than the meds, you would never know at this point that she hurt herself.

GSDs Rock!
Liz Brannan

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Nupro joint for me. Easy to give the dogs, they love the taste with the 'gravy' on the food. And I like that it's got a great general mix of supplements along with the joint stuff...

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Depends on what you need it for. The dosages of joint supplements in Synovi are much higher than in Nupro. I find the Nupro Joint to be an excellent overall supplement for maintenance and prevention in healthy dogs, and all of our dogs get Nupro Joint. But I feel it doesn't have near enough of the joint supplements in it to be useful for a dog who actually has joint problems. Our HD dog, and our dog with spondylosis, get additional supplements on top of the Nupro. We used the Synovi G3 for years for them and were very happy with it. Now we use human supplements as they are more cost effective than the products designed for dogs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page