PetGuard products? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

PetGuard products?

I was wondering whether anyone was familiar with http://www.petguard.com and the products they make? Opinions?

We were at the local health food store the other day, and they carry a large variety of Pet Guard products, including canned cat food and the natural flea/tick repellent collars. The ingredients in the canned cat food looked pretty good, so we picked some of those up for our 16 year old - she likes canned stuff. (She likes it, by the way.) I'm thinking about getting the natural repellent collars. Any feedback on those?

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Crowned Member

Re: PetGuard products?

Petguard products are generally pretty good. I've been using their shampoo off and on for 20 years. Cleo (15 yo cat with digestive issues) ate their canned food for many years. The stuff with Coleman beef is especially good. I think they do have grains in them so now I would avoid them for cats. I have also fed their canned dog food to my dogs with good results.

The natural flea/tick collars are useless though. Don't waste your money on them. They might keep stuff off of your dog's neck but that would be about it. Same goes for conventional flea collars!

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Re: PetGuard products?

Ruth, thanks for the feedback.

I was thinking of using the collars as an addition to her regular flea and tick prevention product, especially now that we're in an area where ticks seem to be EVERYwhere. Yikes. Any additional precautions I can take are worth it. The collars are only $4 at our health food store, so I may give it a try and see if it makes a difference. If not, at least I didn't waste a bunch of money.

Malinois Ronja - fastest K-9 in VT
=^^= Finn, Ratchet & Ollie

-
-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page