Tick/Flea Care - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Tick/Flea Care

Does anyone have recommendations for a good tick/flea product? My dog is 7 months old. He is an indoor dog, but is walked outside in a large field bordered by woods twice a day. As soon as it gets a little warm out, I have found ticks on him, and on me to. I can't even imagine what spring and summer will be like! I have tried Nature's Guardian all natural spray but it stinks and I'm not sure how effective it will be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Tick/Flea Care

I have found over the years that Bio Spot is the best when it comes to ticks and the vet I spoke with last week confirmed it.
During the hot summer months I use Bio Spot and during the winter I use Frontline (which is supposed to be better for fleas). Again the vet confirmed this and also said I was doing good by switching them because that way the won't get immuned to one or the other as apparently some dogs do and it stops working for them.

Carolina Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Elite Member

Re: Tick/Flea Care

We have ticks here too, but I have never found one on Ava, I use K-9 Advantix.

Betsy

Ava GSD 3.5yrs

Champ 1985, Heidi 2000

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page