worried about the surgery - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

worried about the surgery

Hi guys,

So I am thinking about neutering Buddy in April, when will be 9 months old. It is very hard decision for me to make, I wanted to wait a bit longer, until he is older, but we are planning to travel in summer and they won’t take him to any day care otherwise.
I am just so worried, that he will change after the surgery, like his personality. He is very very good gentle dog. He is very playful and full of energy. I have heard that usually dogs become mellower and I don’t certainly want him to become “veggie”.
I already feel bad that I have to put him through this. Have you noticed any changes in your dog’s personalities after the surgery?

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Elite Member

Re: worried about the surgery

No change whatsoever and it has been five years. His weight is good and he has plenty of energy. Nothng "veggie" about my guy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Master Member

Alot of the "myths" about spaying or netuering are old wifes tales. You dog will be better for it, happier and healthy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Crowned Member

The only personality change I've ever seen is a decrease in aggression towards other male dogs (if there was any prior to neutering). We neutered our boy Leo right at the same age as your pup and he just turned three - and he's STILL a great big giant rambunctious puppy.

I think a lot of of the "personality change" and "weight gain" stuff that people think they observe has much more to do with the age dogs are often neutered. Most dogs are very active during adolescence and calm down some as they age, regardless of if they get neutered or not, it just happens around the same time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 AM

No change here either. Koda is still as full energy and goofy as always!

Kellie

owned by:
Koda GSD 4-29-06
Spike chihuahua 5-22-07
2 furless kids
and, 1 husband
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page