Adequan-Where do you buy it? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Adequan-Where do you buy it?

I am thinking of starting Nina on Adequan. Having two dogs on it at the same time would be expensive, so I am thinking if I buy it and pay for the injection at the vet I'd be saving money. Maybe! I haven't done the math yet.

I want to get good quality Adequan (who wants bad Adequan!). You know what I mean though?

KV Vet has it and I think I trust them. I think! They have it for $49.99 for 5 ml.

I still don't know if this will be less expensive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Adequan-Where do you buy it?

You can give the injections yourself, it's not difficult.

In addition to KV Vets, I've also been happy with Entirely Pets.
http://www.entirelypets.com/adequan.html

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Crowned Member

Jean,
my vet matches the cheapest price, i get it at KV Vet, and i do trust them.
you can give the shot yourself, your vet or the techs can show you how. the techs at my vet walked me through it several times before i was comfortable doing it.

its a muscle shot so its really not to bad. i was a bit apprehensive at first, but once you know where to put it and stick it in it gets easier. like anything practice makes perfect. if you have more than one dog on Adaquin giving the shot yourself makes more sense as far as the cost.

debbie

url
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Crowned Member

all drugs have to be shipped - even those to the vet clinics. There is really no difference in what the vet has on hand and what you get from KV etc. You DO have to watch expiration dates - no matter where! KV et al carry the same brands of drugs <Ft Dodge, Murrial, Intervet, Pziezer etc - I am butchering spelling - it is too early! LOL> as the vets get.

It only takes a bit of practice to give an injection. Maybe your vet will help you learn, or a vet tech can give you a lesson or two.

Lee

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Elite Member

My young GSD was put on it after his bi-lateral elbow surgery last April. I give the injections myself (my vet taught me) I order it from KV Vet and have been doing just fine with it

GSGSR & GSR-SP
Trainer @ Obedient K9 Dog Training /Professional Member of I.A.C.P.
Proudly owned by Reno CGC, Lance CGC, Carlie CGC & Sniper CGC (GSD's)& Rylee CGC Yorkie(all rescues)
RIP my beautiful Cheyenne (GSD)
Dogster Id: 638901

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Good-sounds like KV is the place to get it. I think they are reputable/stand behind their products.

I do not see me giving IM injections. I can do the diabetes/insulin shot for the cat, but would end up probably going to the vet office after each Adequan injection for imagined reactions to my shots!!!

I am going to try to play Let's Make a Deal with the vet on this one so that both of us come out okay and the dogs don't walk around with a needle stuck in their legs...

THANKS!

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Elite Member

If you cannot make a deal with your vet and you have a vet school close by, perhaps they will help you out.

GSGSR & GSR-SP
Trainer @ Obedient K9 Dog Training /Professional Member of I.A.C.P.
Proudly owned by Reno CGC, Lance CGC, Carlie CGC & Sniper CGC (GSD's)& Rylee CGC Yorkie(all rescues)
RIP my beautiful Cheyenne (GSD)
Dogster Id: 638901

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Crowned Member

question, i see the dosing is 2mg/lb, so an 80lb dog would need 160mg? couldn't you use the horse version?

Angela

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Crowned Member

Jean, shots are easy, lol.

Angela

Hardy, Diesel, Jet, Denial v. Zioner Berg, Iris & Patches the cats
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

You'd think after I have seen his liver (and other innards) I could deal with giving a shot like that...

But no.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page