Anyone know or use Pro Meris? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Anyone know or use Pro Meris?

I was wondering if anyone uses or knows anything about Pro Meris?

I have always used Frontline Plus but my Vet has stopped carrying it and this is what they have in place of the Frontline Plus. Just wanted to get a little feedback on this product before I bought it since I need to get some more for next month. The girl at the front desk said the reason why they stopped carrying Frontline is b/c the dogs were getting immune to it so it wasn't working as well.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

GSDgirlAL-Proudly Owned by:

Ava - GSD
DeeJay & Shelby - Beagles
Cooper - Golden Retriever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Elite Member

Re: Anyone know or use Pro Meris?

I work for a vet and we are selling this now also. What you were told is true.The "critters" were getting or are getting immune to Frontline which has been out for 11 years. I use it on my two dogs and so far it seems fine. Kai got E.canis while on frontline. The true test will be come the warmer weather. Need anymore info please pm me if you would like.

~ Kathy ~

Kai vom Theishof ~ GSD
Maggie ~ Pug
Natasha ~ Queen Kitty
Midnight ~ Boss Kitty
Lennie ~ "Special" Kitty
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Anyone know or use Pro Meris?

The clinic where I work is also selling Promeris. It is a new product that the fleas haven't been exposed to. It also contains Amitraz (sp?) for ticks, the same thing that's in Mitaban dips and Preventic collars. Someone sent me an article a while back about possible interactions between ivermec and amitraz. We mentioned it to our vet and he contacted Fort Dodge (makers of Promeris) and they say they are not aware of anything. I do know one vet who recommends putting dogs on Interceptor if they are going to wear tick collars. We have only sold a few packages of Promeris but so far the results are good. Like wrfd44-2 said, the true test will be the warmer weather. Another reason our vet is selling Promeris is because the pet stores and online pharmacies are all selling frontline and advantix. Promeris is supposed to be exclusive to practicing vets who have a clinic.

Dawn M. Knight
Montgomery AL 36107
Helping Shepherds of Every Color

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page