Bordetella Vaccine - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 12:30 PM
Elite Member

The one and only time myboy was given this vaccine via nasal spray was as a 6mo old and because I had him in a good day care a couple hours once per week. At the time, we also had our 12 yr old girl at home. This is circumstantial but... after waiting the correct amount of days from the nasal spray, he went back to daycare. Within I think two weeks, one or two dogs from day care contracted the virus and a couple days later so did my old girl. It was the only time she was ever sick and it scared the dickens out of me. I stopped the daycare because of that vaccine requirement. It just wasn't worth risking that again.

"If you can't see his soul when you look in his eyes, then you need a seeing-eye dog"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Elite Member

I don't do it unless I have to. Our vet requires it if a procedure is going to be done. Such as x-rays that require anesthesia, dental cleaning or any surgery that is going to require a day or more in the kennel area with other dogs.
When our girl was young and we did the dog park we had to give it to get the required permit.
Both of my vets have told me that it is hit or miss with effectiveness. However they recommend it if there is a greater risk of continuous exposure.
We don't board or use a groomer so we haven't given it in years.

Ziva 03.07.2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page