CBD oil - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Ok so no amazon! I think I will try the endurapet and see how that works. I also saw treats from hempworxs not sure if those are a good product or not, they also sell CBD oil for dogs, they are a bit more pricey though but I may try it if the other stuff doesn't work

Zelda, "Twilight Princess Von Hemlock"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:25 AM
Crowned Member

It sounds more like genetics i have not ever heard of anesthesia doing this. As they mature though you see more of who they are as the puppiness fades. I heard cbd oil first through here I have considered it taking for my arthritis when it worsens it has some anti cancer effects to. I wonder what effects if any something you can take long term though. Doing something with her that she excels in and enjoys- may help bring out the confidence may lessen her anxiety. Nose works is a to keep her mind focused on what she needs to find. Make all outings super fun and new places short and sweet. My collie I had was very confident in familiar places but as she aged in her senior years I took her to different places she was a nervous wreck. Longer car rides were rough also with her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 12-30-2018 at 09:36 AM.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
It sounds more like genetics i have not ever heard of anesthesia doing this. As they mature though you see more of who they are as the puppiness fades. I heard cbd oil first through here I have considered it taking for my arthritis when it worsens it has some anti cancer effects to. I wonder what effects if any something you can take long term though. Doing something with her that she excels in and enjoys- may help bring out the confidence may lessen her anxiety. Nose works is a to keep her mind focused on what she needs to find. Make all outings super fun and new places short and sweet. My collie I had was very confident in familiar places but as she aged in her senior years I took her to different places she was a nervous wreck. Longer car rides were rough also with her.
That would be THC for fighting cancer according to my friend who has cancer.

Yana

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 12:12 PM

Keep in mind THC is toxic to dogs and cats so if you want to use CBD oil on your dog try to find one that has little to no THC in it. Personally I've heard of great success of certain brands of calming treats. I believe they block stress receptors or something to that effect so the dog will not have a drugged manner to it, they just won't be react to what should normally be stressful situations. I've heard of people having a lot of work with them. People use them to train some hunting dogs afraid of gunfire. They no longer reach to the gunfire and people will keep them on it or wean them off of it once they have a good baseline with the dog. CBD oils seem to vary a lot in results. People either love it, it does nothing, or the dog reacts poorly to it. Which I guess is true of a lot of different things. If you're interested in the calming treats you could research them or I can see if I can find out what brand the people used.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:49 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny720 View Post
That would be THC for fighting cancer according to my friend who has cancer.
Ah okay THC I have not read to much about it. Thanks! I hope all is well with your friend.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:55 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazel View Post
Keep in mind THC is toxic to dogs and cats so if you want to use CBD oil on your dog try to find one that has little to no THC in it. Personally I've heard of great success of certain brands of calming treats. I believe they block stress receptors or something to that effect so the dog will not have a drugged manner to it, they just won't be react to what should normally be stressful situations. I've heard of people having a lot of work with them. People use them to train some hunting dogs afraid of gunfire. They no longer reach to the gunfire and people will keep them on it or wean them off of it once they have a good baseline with the dog. CBD oils seem to vary a lot in results. People either love it, it does nothing, or the dog reacts poorly to it. Which I guess is true of a lot of different things. If you're interested in the calming treats you could research them or I can see if I can find out what brand the people used.
I didn't intend to suggest THC for dogs, Jenny spoke of CBD for herself.
I did not notice a calming or healing effect for my dog taking CBD, snake oil to me.

Yana

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdland View Post
I didn't intend to suggest THC for dogs, Jenny spoke of CBD for herself.
I did not notice a calming or healing effect for my dog taking CBD, snake oil to me.
Oh I didn't think you did, just wanted to mention it since it came up! And yeah I know a few people who have the same viewpoint.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Crowned Member

Everybody and their brother has gone cray cray for the CBD. It can't cure EVERYTHING and I would like to know more about it before we all start giving it to our dogs and kids. Just sayin
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:10 PM
Crowned Member

"Choosing A Good CBD Oil For Your Dog
Not all CBD oils are the same … you’ll want a high quality CBD oil that works, so here are a few things to look for:
  • Make sure the product is organic: If it isn’t organic, your CBD oil contains pesticides, fungicides or solvents.
  • Don’t cheap out: The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost. Don’t price shop … make sure your CBD oil is free of additives and has a good amount of CBD.
  • Get the analysis: Ask for a lab analysis of the amount of CBD in the product. Many CBD oils contain only small amounts of CBD. The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis. You’ll also want to make sure there is little or no THC in the product.
  • Buy CBD as a tincture: You can buy CBD in treats but the best form is in a tincture. This way, you can adjust your dog’s dose drop by drop to make sure he gets the most benefit." (DNM)

There is a very informative CBD BUYERS GUIDE that you can download for free that shows you what to look for. Download is at the end of the article here: https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...181.1544141544
This guide even shows companies that were given warning letters by the FDA.

These are some points of why I chose SOURCE:
-"Source CBD oil carries a certificate of analysis and, unlike many other hemp products, guarantees a high amount of beneficial ingredients without a significant amount of the psychoactive THC. https://sourcecbdhemp.com/test-results-2/
Don’t take the seller’s word for it ... ask to see a Certificate
of Analysis for their product showing that the THC is below 0.3%
"Heavy metal toxicity is a special concern in a medicinal product like CBD oil so your supplier should be able to provide test results showing that it’s free of these contaminants."

*Source CBD gold grade organic hemp oil is super- critically Co2 extracted in a pharmaceutical lab where the full- spectrum is utilized. We do not use CBD isolates.
*Source CBD tinctures are made by infusing organic, non- GMO, gold grade CBD hemp oil with organic, non- GMO, liquid MCT coconut oil.
*Source CBD products are all natural and have no additives, colorings, flavorings, fillers or preservatives unlike others on the market that use flavor additives and/ or preservatives.
*What is the potency of Source CBD organic hemp oil?
Source CBD oil tests at 26% CBD and is an organic, therapeutic grade “gold oil”. It is the highest strength, legal CBD available.
*Source CBD products are non- psychoactive and are derived from 100% industrial grade hemp grown in Germany. It is harvested with non- detectable levels of THC with lab testing at under 0.30%.
Source CBD is derived from whole plant, full spectrum, high quality CBD hemp.

*Source products are manufactured in Northern Arizona through a licensed commercial kitchen.

Best of luck!
Moms
JessicaR likes this.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomlittlehaus View Post
My puppies massage therapist sells CBD Bio Care full spectrum CBD hemp oil. Before I used that I had purchased receptra pet, she looked that up and said it was a good brand also.
Bio Care Full Spectrum is the brand that almost everyone in my training group uses.

Including a veterinarian that isn’t allowed to recommend it to her paying clients, but recommends it “off the record”.
JessicaR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page