Fear Aggressive: Benefits/Risks of Neutering - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Twyla,
Thank you for the helpful advise and links! I am happy to hear your dog has improved! I am hoping I can help mine just as much! He is already making progress, but it looks like we may need to change our methods. Thank you for your insight! It is much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

tim_s_adams,
We have been doing some of the things you suggested. We work on obedience at a distance he is comfortable with and gradually lessen the distance between us and the people. We will keep doing this! Thank you for the idea of taking him to a high pedestrian traffic parking lot to let him see and get comfortable with the commotion! Can I ask why it is so crucial he does not take treats from others? That is one portion I suppose I am not understanding.
Thank you for your help!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Jenny720,

Dudley has a pretty solid stay and leave it, but I will continue to work to strengthen them. He took basic obedience this past summer, and we are looking for new classes to get him into. He loves to do nosework practice around the house! Thank you also for your input on neutering; I genuinely don't know what would be best and that is why I turned here. It sounds like you have the perfect place to work with your beautiful boy! We just go to local parks, as there aren't too many high pedestrian traffic areas in our town. I will do some more searching to find more places that are full of distractions for us to practice in. Happy to hear you have made progress, and I am excited to have new ideas to try with my boy!
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page