8Likes
  • 3 Post By thegooseman90
  • 3 Post By cdwoodcox
  • 1 Post By Pirates Lair
  • 1 Post By JessicaR

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Dog Diapers

HI, I have a 6 month female GS I plan to bread. My vet said due to her long ears and long tail that she should be a big dog. I want to purchase Dog Diapers now to start getting her use to them. My question is should I get large or X-large ones. I don't want to get the wrong size and have to buy more down the road. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank-you.
JadeLee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Master Member

Going to get my popcorn....

In the meantime why have you decided to breed her?
Aly, car2ner and az_girl like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Knighted Member

Have you found a stud dog yet. I seen a German Shepherd on Facebook that could carry Pretty big sticks and pretty much stays in the yard by himself "except when he runs off".
Per the diapers I would listen to the vet and get the ones for dogs with big ears and long tails.
GatorBytes, wolfy dog and SuperG like this.

Athena BH, Rosko BH
I MAY NOT BE THERE YET. BUT, I AM CLOSER THAN I WAS YESTERDAY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadelee View Post
HI, I have a 6 month female GS I plan to bread. My vet said due to her long ears and long tail that she should be a big dog. I want to purchase Dog Diapers now to start getting her use to them. My question is should I get large or X-large ones. I don't want to get the wrong size and have to buy more down the road. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thank-you.
JadeLee
If your post is serious,

Your dog is too young to breed, she should not be bred until the age of 2 years. And then only after passing her OFA (hips & elbows) with a score of Good or Excellent, your Vet should have informed you of that.

Until then keep your dog contained when she is in heat to avoid an unwanted and unhealthy breeding.

Kim
Shepherd55 likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 06:52 AM

You have quite some time to decide if your gal is a good candidate for breeding. We let our gal have two heats because there is some evidence it could be healthier to postpone desexing. As she got older she has so many pluses that she could have nice pups, but...and it is a big but...she doesn't have the confidence I would insist on seeing in a GSD, so no breeding for her.

When she had her heats I used bloomers from Drs. Foster & Smith Female Pet Bloomers with a lady's sanitary pad inside. Since it is velcro you could go with xlarge and snug them up. We also always kept her on leash and when in the house, she was crated. We have an intact male also and had to insure no accidental litters.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwoodcox View Post
Have you found a stud dog yet. I seen a German Shepherd on Facebook that could carry Pretty big sticks and pretty much stays in the yard by himself "except when he runs off".
Per the diapers I would listen to the vet and get the ones for dogs with big ears and long tails.
what kind of stud advertisement is that?? lol

Last edited by Benjaminb; 11-04-2018 at 09:54 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Crowned Member

Not sure if you are fooling us by your questions but here are my 2 cents. I never put diapers on my dog. She is 5 years old and intact. She keeps herself nice and clean and I don't want to prevent her from doing what she knows bets. I just mop after her when she gets up and loses some blood drops. I also roll up the rugs for the times she is bleeding. Now think twice when you see a large dog on your doorstep, carrying a big stick....

Last edited by wolfy dog; 11-04-2018 at 03:07 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 06:19 PM

What kind of breading do you plan on using, I myself prefer the panko breading. Not sure how that would go with her long ears and tail though, you might need more of a batter for that.
sebrench likes this.

Zelda, "Twilight Princess Von Hemlock"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page