Has your GSD had a partial spay or neuter performed? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Craig Caughlin

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Has your GSD had a partial spay or neuter performed?

While I'm trying to find a veterinarian in my area who performs a partial spay or neuter procedure, I'm wondering if anyone has had either procedure performed on their dog, and your thoughts, comments, etc.?

The Pros of Partial Spay - IVC Journal

https://www.parsemus.org/projects/ovary-sparing-spray/

Thank you,

Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 07:24 PM

I haven't personally, but there's a great FB group on the subject with lots of people that had it done on their dogs. Lots of great knowledge and informative links.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alte...ealteringinfo/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 07:48 PM

I had considered it but after watching my two dogs deal with a couple of heats, I chose a full spay. I agree, check with the Facebook group for more info.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Thank you both. I've joined the Facebook group so I'll be interested to interact with some people who know this topic very well!

There is a veterinarian in my immediate area who does the "O.S.S." (Ovarian Sparing Spay) procedure. The cost is basically the same as a traditional spay from what their office staff tells me; it's just a different option. The receptionist told me she's worked at this clinic for the lat 8 months and she's scheduled hundreds of traditional spays since she;s been employed there yet had, she estimates, a handful of the OSS procedures scheduled. She thinks people simply aren't aware of this procedural option.

I have a lead on another DVM who may perform the vasectomy on Males, so I'll be interested to find out more details on that as well.

Craig
Mudypoz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page