How often to you check your dogs for fleas?? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By thegooseman90

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

How often to you check your dogs for fleas??

Hey all!

I have 2 GSDs, one is 2.5 years old and the other is a new puppy (9 weeks old).

I found 1 flea on my puppy when he first arrived (he is from a breeder in another province and came by airplane), and I am literally going crazy spraying/vacuuming the house. I immediately took the puppy to a warm water bath and that 1 flea that I saw came off in the bath tub. I took it out, squat it and flushed it down the toilet.

2 hours later, I took the puppy to the vet where he received advantage for flea protection. They couldn't find anything on him either. They also assured me that IF there was anything else on him, it would be dead in an hour.

Here we are, 4 days since I've gotten the puppy and I still cant rest even after spraying the house, washing bed sheets and the dogs bed in boiling water, and vacuuming. I haven't seen anymore fleas.

I guess my question is, should I really be still freaking out over this? How often should I check my dogs for fleas? (they are both protected against them) I'm starting to obsess over checking the puppy for fleas, literally every time i put him out to pee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Master Member

No you shouldn't freak out and you should stop obsessing over it. Should be good to go until his next dose of flea meds.
dogma13 and Rocky18! like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page