Shedding!!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Shedding!!!!

Just curious....

My female's major coat blowing, usually coincided with her heat cycle, which was every 4 months. She was spayed a few months ago. Will the schedule change or remain the same?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:10 PM
Knighted Member

I can only speak to what happened with my dog.

I think she blew her coat "on schedule" the next time after her spay, but following that it's just been steady shedding and no big coat blowout. The texture has stayed largely the same as before the spay, and she does grow a thicker coat in the winter, but the big, unequivocal coat blowing we saw pre-spay hasn't really happened.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 06:45 PM
Crowned Member

I dunno. Odie was spayed a few years ago. I really can't say if she has or has not changed her shedding schedule. All I know is I did battle with that coat yesterday and I was ready to throw in the towel.

Today I did her daughter Lassie. Now I did her once this winter because she was matting up. Sheeze, a Herko coat mixed with an Odie coat -- it doesn't HAVE to be a long coat, LOL! But it wasn't too terrible, at least not the top. We had a pretty good battle up and under, but I must have gotten her last time right after she stopped shedding. So the dead hair did not have a chance of sticking around creating pain and suffering.

Bear is molting now. I put her up on the table and went at her with a rake a come a pin brush and a slicker. At least she wasn't bad up underneath. I didn't bath her, like I did the others. She seemed clean. Poor Lassie did not like that hose at all. Ah well. She gave it back to me.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page