High velocity blower - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

High velocity blower

Hello! Can anyone recommend a decent high velocity blower for my dog that does not cost $500?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 01:48 AM

Can't recommend but I've been checking out the metrovac air force commander, variable speed. I don't want to spend $500 either and amazon has the metrovac for $188. It seems to get good reviews and lasts forever.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 02:24 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou View Post
Can't recommend but I've been checking out the metrovac air force commander, variable speed. I don't want to spend $500 either and amazon has the metrovac for $188. It seems to get good reviews and lasts forever.
I think this is the one I have and it works great. I would recommend it.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 06:20 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

Metro air force commander. I have the two speed 4hp but there is another one that is even stronger but pulls more power. The link is to the commander - I use it on 4hp all the time. This thing is great around the house, too. Use it to clean my dryer vent and window blinds, blow cobwebs out of corners etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Force-Command.../dp/B00063KHPE

They are made in USA and have for years. You can buy replacement filters (but the foam filter comes out for easy washing) and motor brushes. They are built to last. They do a great job.

There is another one same company "air force master blaster" but it draws 18 amps so if you have much else on a standard 20 amp home circuit you will be tripping breakers.

You can use the search feature on this site for metro and find all kinds of posts.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 04:41 PM
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

I have a 4 hp Metro Airforce Blaster that I got on Amazon for around $120. It was originally selling for $166, I saved it to my Amazon shopping list to buy later, and then it went on sale so I bought it immediately! Amazon now has it for over $100 more than I paid for mine.

-Debbie-
Cava 1/6/18
Keefer 8/25/05-4/24/19 ~ The sweetest boy
Halo 11/9/08-6/17/18 ~ You left pawprints on our hearts
Dena 9/12/04-10/4/08 ~ Forever would have been too short
Cassidy 6/8/00-10/4/04
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Deb
Knighted Member

I've had one for six years and it still runs fantastic.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:12 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
Metro air force commander. I have the two speed 4hp but there is another one that is even stronger but pulls more power. The link is to the commander - I use it on 4hp all the time. This thing is great around the house, too. Use it to clean my dryer vent and window blinds, blow cobwebs out of corners etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Force-Command.../dp/B00063KHPE

They are made in USA and have for years. You can buy replacement filters (but the foam filter comes out for easy washing) and motor brushes. They are built to last. They do a great job.

There is another one same company "air force master blaster" but it draws 18 amps so if you have much else on a standard 20 amp home circuit you will be tripping breakers.

You can use the search feature on this site for metro and find all kinds of posts.
I'm happy I'm not the only one that has used it for other things. I have blown leaves off the patio with it.

Misty- Samoyed Mix, Tannor- Golden Retriever CGC
Robyn- GSD CGC, TC, Midnite-GSD CGC,TC, Brennan-Golden Retriever CGC, Batman-Husky/Greyhound , Apollo-GSD
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 02:15 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thank you so much for the recommendations! I will buy the 4 hp metro air force commander!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 05:13 AM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I usually give myself a good blow off after I do the dogs. This is something you want to use outside. Hair and dirt goes EVERYWHERE.

Nancy

-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Sounds good. I have never used a blower to get rid of undercoat - I always just combed and used an equine shedding blade. It really wasn't too too effective!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page