Ticks Everywhere in home :( - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Magwart
  • 1 Post By Chip18
  • 2 Post By wolfstraum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Ticks Everywhere in home :(

Feels like theres different problems waiting everyday . Really tired of ticks now.
I have a 1 year and few months old gsd and a 50 days old rott pup , rott pup was sick and just getting better ...and theres alot of ticks in my home now , feel like they came with the rott pup.
Thes ticks im dealing with looks like small spiders mostly brown or dark reddish color maybe they are called brown tick.
First i noticed they were on both of my dogs i physically removed every tick i could ,still removing them everyday .
Vet gave a spray for sam (my gsd) but nothing for pup coz hes small and still havent recovered .
But ticks are in my home i found some on my bed , sis bed too, some walking on floor , We have two floors and they are on both of them.
Dont know where they hide and come from but after every nite they jumps on my dogs and i catch them on their skin every morning ..
How can i completely get rid of them ?? Just tell me the best methods .
Im thinking of calling the pest control to spray all of my house if nothing works.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Crowned Member

how did they get in your house?!

I would call pest control. What diseases do ticks carry in India?

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Banned

Well most likely ... my first suggestion is not very practical?? Move to the high desert, "apparently" fleas and ticks like to have some humidity???

But assuming that won't work ... there is this:
Using Diatomaceous Earth for Natural Flea and Tick Control - Pet360 Pet Parenting Simplified

Most likely you'll still to spray to get them under control, but Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, should keep them under control or ... it maybe all you need??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Crowned Member

In India, I would suggest looking locally to see if neem oil is available...I think it's produced there.
Chip18 likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Banned

I'd hear about that ... forgot?? So I looked again and found:

How to Use Natural Neem Oil for Flea and Tick Control on Dogs - NaturalNews.com

Seems like a very good option for getting the things of the dog "now?" I view the FGDE, as a good solution for whole house and bedding. I know it works on the dogs but I have no idea how long it takes to kill them??? ANd I did hear the FGDE, when sued directly on the dog is subject to creating "Dry Skin" issues.

Been many years since I have had, ticks on my dog ... repulsive little creatures! Rivaled only by Spiders in there degree of creepiness!
dogma13 likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Elite Member

Rose geranium essential oils are great for repelling as is lemongrass and lavender (although the ticks we've had its been rose geranium oil the best).. Oregano oil makes them crispy critters, but don't use on animals, the other oils you can...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:37 AM

Thanks for sharing this remedy for tick control.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Elite Member

In India do you have any of the topical or oral flea and tick treatments available? Advantix II, Frontline, Nexguard, Bravecto? You might ask you vet about these. I think with a home invasion, you have to stop the cycle on the dogs who are the most likely to bring them in from outside.

Karin
Dutch Shepherd - Ptygo (Tee-Go) de las Flores
Rescue GSD - Freyja (Husband's Dog)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Crowned Member

if your house is infested - you need to get it treated....you can treat the dogs but there is an endless supply of ticks to take the place of the ones that die....

Get the animals out of the house - bathe them with something that will kill the ticks, and have the house treated while neither you or the dogs are in the house....

Otherwise this will just go on and on and on

Good luck

Lee
Traveler's Mom and islanddog like this.

Hexe Sch2, Komet & Kougar IPO1, Kira HGH, SG Bengal, Lynx v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia IPO1 ~ ATB Basha, Kougar & Kyra, Fenja, Sch3s, Cito, Sch2, DangerRH, Csabre & Alice Sch1s ~Kelsey
wolfstraum.net
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:43 PM

You and the dogs could just move out of the house until all the ticks die. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page