Forced air dryer - is this a good deal? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Forced air dryer - is this a good deal?

I found a used Metro Air Force Master Blaster MODEL MB-3 for $175. I think they are about $300 new. The person has had it 1.5 years and has used it a good amount - every 2 weeks for 8 dogs, but has cleaned it after each use. I was thinking of offering $150 since it has been used so much. Thoughts on if whether this is a good price and good dryer?

Thanks!

ADCH Mikko (USDAA) SCH-B; (NADAC) EAC, EJC, TN-E, TG-E, VerO; (AKC) NAJ, CGC; (NACSW) NW1 - 9 year old GSD

Last edited by I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO; 09-08-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

no i think you can get one cheaper or at least no more expensive online
and it would be brand new
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my boy diesel View Post
no i think you can get one cheaper or at least no more expensive online
and it would be brand new
I know the lower model Metro is about $160 brand new, but this is a more expensive model. Not worth the upgrade to this model?

ADCH Mikko (USDAA) SCH-B; (NADAC) EAC, EJC, TN-E, TG-E, VerO; (AKC) NAJ, CGC; (NACSW) NW1 - 9 year old GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Banned

for one dog? naw
i have a two speed and it works fine for blowing their coats

https://www.petedge.com/zpetedgemain...yer&minPrice=0
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
for one dog? naw
i have a two speed and it works fine for blowing their coats

https://www.petedge.com/zpetedgemain...yer&minPrice=0

That's the one I was looking at on Amazon. How long does it take you to blow dry one dog? My husband thought if the more powerful one took half the time that we would be more inclined to use it.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 04:23 PM
Banned

about 10 min or so but we brush the dog the whole time to separate the hairs

blowers serve two very basic purposes that is to dry the hair but also to loosen and help remove undercoat

they are nice as well to separate all the hairs so you can see the skin underneath
mine does anyway
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
about 10 min or so but we brush the dog the whole time to separate the hairs

blowers serve two very basic purposes that is to dry the hair but also to loosen and help remove undercoat

they are nice as well to separate all the hairs so you can see the skin underneath
mine does anyway
Thanks for the info! I will talk to my husband about it.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Crowned Member

I have a Metro one, I should check the model. I won it in a raffle but I think it was $80 new. It's not very strong at all. I mean, I'm glad I have it since I won it with a $5 raffle ticket, but the air dryer I use at the pet store is about 3 times and strong (and takes about 1/3 the time to dry my dogs). Nikon takes 30-45 minutes to dry, depending on the humidity level outside. Legend only about 10 minutes since he is small and totally out of coat right now. Coke...forget it! It would take over an hour and he'd still not be dry BUT it's great for blasting out coat and helping me tease out all the tangles and little clumps of shed undercoat.

I think they are DEFINITELY worth it to have (I use mine quite a bit, not just for show grooming) but if I were saving up, I'd get a more powerful model than what I have.

Last edited by Liesje; 09-08-2014 at 07:37 PM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Zombie Queen Moderator

I love my 2 speed 4HP Metro and can't even begin to image the power on that used one if it has 2 4HP motors. It draws 19amps though and aren't most house wiring only puts 15amps on a circuit so you could be tripping some breakers. The average pet model with the 4HP high speed only draws 11.25 amps.

If your wiring can support it though, it would be a beast.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Partner in Crime
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Thanks, Liesje!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
I love my 2 speed 4HP Metro and can't even begin to image the power on that used one if it has 2 4HP motors. It draws 19amps though and aren't most house wiring only puts 15amps on a circuit so you could be tripping some breakers. The average pet model with the 4HP high speed only draws 11.25 amps.

If your wiring can support it though, it would be a beast.

This pretty much made up my mind lol. My house was built in the 30s and the garage (where I will be using it, most likely) probably hasn't been updated in a few decades.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page