Please help :( - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Please help :(

I have a 10 month old girl and she has been on heat coming up to 4 weeks. It did ease off and now it is quite heavy and she is very swollen below and the smell is very bad. I have taken her to the vets today and they said she is ok, no temperature and they took a swab and they said there is no infection but a few bacteria cells so they have given her antibiotics to be on the safe side. Just thought I would join here and see if anyone else has experienced this as it is all new to me and I am still slightly worried. I am trying to keep her as clean as possible and will be getting her spayed after this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Elite Member

When my girl goes into heat it last 3 time 4 weeks also as for the swollen part I have never had that.. I also noticed that she acts a little bit different (kind of off) and Yes it does get quite a bit smelly..

I would just keep a close eye on her if anything.. Hope all is OK

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Marlena
Bella 9/23/09
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gatticus 3/6/13
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cats zorro & Patches
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 11:37 PM

My old lab went into heat only once, it lasted a few weeks, but her vulva was super swollen and her discharge was very smelly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Crowned Member

Swelling is one of the signs of heat. Some will bleed for three weeks, others only for one but the heat cycle is 3 weeks I believe.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your comments. I just wanted to see how everyone else's dogs behaved because this is all new to me and it's worrying the amount she is bleeding and the smell I do feel sorry for her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page