ER vet - Cambridge OH/Wheeling WV???? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

ER vet - Cambridge OH/Wheeling WV????

Need a recommendation for a sick 11 week old puppy! Needs to go in first thing tomorrow morning.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Need a recommendation for a sick 11 week old puppy! Needs to go in first thing tomorrow morning.
Can I ask a question? Tomorrow's Sunday so it will be an ER visit anyway, why not go sooner if the pup is seriously ill?

I think that vet in Akron is a 24 hour clinic, not sure. Akron Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center Copley, OH, 44321 - YP.com

US-250 to I-77 S 94.08 miles1 hour 43 mins / 1 hour 47 mins based on current traffic

I am sorry, but I travel over 2 hours each way to get to a 24 hour clinic for my girls if they need it. It won't be any cheaper to wait for tomorrow morning, why not go now if the dog is sick?

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I'm not there to make that determination, Sue. I spoke to my friend who is a vet tech, described the symptoms and she said take her in the morning. I'm sure if she gets worse they will take her tonight. I raised my kid correctly.

It's not about money or travel time. He has plenty of money. I'm asking because these kids are new to the area and thought someone on here might have useful information on where is a good place to take her.

So what I'd like is recommendations for vets in that area. Thank you for the info on Akron. I sent them that from my previous post asking for help where you replied.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Crowned Member

Sorry Jax, I am a little protective of youngsters, as their immune system is immature, and they succomb to illnesses quicker than dogs even a few months older. They can dehydrate quickly, and the longer it takes to get the treatment started, the longer it might take for the puppy to get well.

If it isn't about the distance and it isn't about the money, that thread was yesterday, so another 24 hours went by, and I just don't understand the need to wait another 8 or 10 hours. Maybe the pup will be fine if you wait until Monday, and maybe the pup will be fine if you make an appointment on Monday for Thursday afternoon. And maybe the pup will recover just fine with no treatment whatsoever, but I wouldn't risk it.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

No, Sue. Another 24 hours did not go by. 24 hours have not even gone by. You are making assumptions. My question yesterday was not for an ER vet. I started a new thread to redefine the area for suggestions for 24/7 vet that is NOW needed.

What I want to know is if there any other recommendations for ER vets. Apparently there aren't any.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Crowned Member

It's pretty dead on here lately. There has to be some vets down there. Have they tried the phone book? I know we want to go to some place where people have had a positive response. I was very happy with Akron, but that was the only one I have used down south. If we don't have a good recommendation, we have to just try them out and find one we are comfortable with.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page