Male Shenanigans....NO way!!! 5 year old thread - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Male Shenanigans....NO way!!! 5 year old thread

Ok I have to say this is a COMPLETE FIRST for me and I have NEVER experienced this in any of my intact, male GSD that I have had throughout the last 30 years of my life......or maybe I just never saw them actually do it. I don't even want to describe what happened, it's so gross. My husband on the other hand thought it was COMPLETELY hilarious...I didn't at the time and was floored.

This afternoon while getting ready to go out in the back yard for a day of swimming (after our walk and frisbee playing) my husband and I were talking at the kitchen table then all of the sudden I saw Bacchus do this strange movement At first I thought he was having a seizure (there is a question or not whether he has a thyroid problem which hopefully we will get the answer to in about a week's time) anyway after the first initial shock of, "oh my god he is having a seizure" to NO, WAY he is doing what I think he is doing. I watched in shock as his back began to arch and hips were gyrating and well to put it bluntly his pink manhood stood at attention was about to be in ecstasy .. Oh my god he did not just do that on my kitchen floor!!! No way, it can't be. Well he did!!

I have NEVER, EVER seen any of my male GSD do such thing (or at least never caught them) and am actually embarrassed that I witnessed such a thing (although I guess it is kind of funny, I suppose). Is this normal for an intact, GSD to do within their domain??? I am at a loss and am really grossed out by this. Oh and by the way he has never marked inside our home nor has he ever done the humpage thing (again that I know of) but it's only me, my husband and the children (and Bacchus is never totally unsupervised with my 10 month old son) and my 4 yr. old daughter would definitely tell me if Bacchus ever did try that to her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Crowned Member

Well, my boys never actually did that. Dubya tried to hump my dad's leg one time and never tried that again.

Rushie used to display all his family jewels at least once during each training class session.

I do not remember any arched back though, just letting it all hang out.

Quite embarrassing.

Oh the remarks.

At least everything is working properly.

This is one of the nice things of having all girls now.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:04 PM

So one of my dogs is actually neutered and sometimes in the morning I wake up to him air humping with a vengeance! It's like he is possessed! It's pretty hilarious..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Crowned Member

My Niki did it once at a friend's house when he was about 14 or 15 months old. We just about fell over laughing ... I mean, what can you say. He was in a crate sleeping, woke up, stood up and did it.

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Elite Member

Air humping is a lot more common than you obviously think!! Our neutered male cat even does it. I've seen lots of dogs do it. It's really kinda shocking and hilarious all at once.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
Air humping is a lot more common than you obviously think!! Our neutered male cat even does it. I've seen lots of dogs do it. It's really kinda shocking and hilarious all at once.
Mine air humps his giant Tigger stuffed animal whenever I'm on the phone.....guess it's kinda not "air" humping, I mean he is really givin her to the doll!!!!! Don't know if it is similar to attention seeking in humans, but every time the phone rings....you guessed it!

Dexter-male, sable GSD, 2 yr. old rescue

"My impetus is an unfulfillable debt to animals
entrusted to my care before I recognized the extent of our advanced industrial and societal hypocrisy (i.e. the extent of my own ignorance and participation)."

-Euan Fingal

RIP

Kato- 12 yrs, GSD, forever my friend
Kelsey- 15 yrs, GSD, an inspiration
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib Laut View Post
Mine air humps his giant Tigger stuffed animal whenever I'm on the phone.....guess it's kinda not "air" humping, I mean he is really givin her to the doll!!!!! Don't know if it is similar to attention seeking in humans, but every time the phone rings....you guessed it!
Maybe he's heard about phone sex and just thinks it's what's expected??
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

It was not just actually "air humping" there was actual bodilyfluid released...............ummm and gross spermage that was let out all over my kitchen floor and of course who got to clean it up??? I just hope my 4 yr. old daughter does not witness this..
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonneglen View Post
It was not just actually "air humping" there was actual bodilyfluid released...............ummm and gross spermage that was let out all over my kitchen floor and of course who got to clean it up??? I just hope my 4 yr. old daughter does not witness this..
Ejaculation can happen that way normally too. Your daughter either may not even notice or would probably think he is peeing. I hope.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Crowned Member

HAHAHA!! That is hilarious! My 6 month old humps his mattress when I sweep the floor because I won't let him attack the broom.

Mom to
Chases Wolfgang Heinrich Von Ryan aka Wolfie born 12/20/09
Waiting for us at the bridge is Chases Chieftain aka Chiefy Left this earth and left a hole in our hearts July 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page