I think my GSD is in heat? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Location: :) Spend most of my early life in Kauai but am now back In CA where I was born.
I think my GSD is in heat?

Can someone help me out? Bella is around 5 - 6 months... I think she may be in heat because she is very fishy smelling to the point where it makes me sick from the smell she has a weird discharge coming from her V every so often that is milky clear/ yellow fluid that smells horrible and shes always licking herself. My other two dogs I have are fixed and sometimes they smell a little fishy if they lick themselves but never as bad as Bella and they don't have that odd discharge. Does anyone know what it is? Shes a healthy puppy and she has mostly all her shots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 06:59 PM

My GSD had the same yellow discharge around 6 months and I ended up getting a spay....my vet said the yellow discharge was just puppy vaginitus and the spay should help...1 month later and no yellow discharge anymore
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Master Member

When Mia was in heat there were droplets of blood...not a lot...just here and there and they cleaned up easily. We had to wait two full months after her heat for her spay. Never in all my years w/ female dogs have I seen a yellowish discharge or a fishy smell. I would see the vet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Crowned Member

Have you had her at the vet for a check-up?

Could be a yeast infection.. which would require antibiotics to cure (also there are good diets to go on if dogs are prone to such infections).

I would have her checked by a vet.

G Wild Winds Zephyr of Cognac BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
Wild Winds Archangel Raphael HIC, TT
XX z Weberhaus
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

GET TO THE VET! There is something up and since usually blood and swelling happens with a heat, seems like something else is going on. May want to schedule a spay surgery while you are there.

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page