Springtime Longevity - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Springtime Longevity

Hey folks,

Our dogs are Springtime dogs (Bug Off) and I was wondering if anyone here uses Springtime Longevity. Any comments?

Thanks bunches!
Cheers,
Ana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Master Member

I'm interested in this as well. I almost bought some yesterday when I ordered my Bug-off but at the last minute I decided not to. I would love to hear what other people have to say about it.

~ Leigh ~
Volunteer Coordinator
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ava LaRue GSD 3/2/10
Chewy Shih Tzu 1/9/04
Toby Shih Tzu 12/26/07
Abby 18 yr old Lab R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 PM

Well I have been using it for my 12 yr old GSD and I do think he seems a bit more mobile and cheerful than when I have just used glucosomine. Warning: it is very GREEN. Out of the jar it is a dry powder with chunks of things in it ... so I usually add a bit of warm water or warm chicken broth to make the powder more appetizing (thats very human subjective I know) with his dry kibble with a bit of meat or canned added. We had a week where he stayed at another house and forgot to take the longevity... and I think he seems better on it than off. Its only been a month or so for us though. I plan to get more.

Lysa

Norse Magic vom Kriegershaus "Rune" (Dec 08)
Kriegershaus Scout vom Haus Rauch (Dec 12)
At the Bridge: Magnus (1998-2010)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Knighted Member

I have been using the Longevity and Bug-Off for both my dogs. Started with Kayla before Lancer came on. They do real well with it and seem to really like it, but then I haven't found anything they won't devour yet. I also add about a half cup of warm water with it and the dry kibble. The green is due to the chlorophyll that is one of the ingredients.

Samuel

Lancer 05/01/08
Tory 09/19/14

Kayla (RIP) 02/12/05-09/22/14
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Elite Member

I just started my guys on Longevity a couple weeks ago, so I don't think it's been long enough to really see the effects, yet. Gunner's coat seems to be a little softer, but that's about the only thing I've noticed so far. It's certainly not causing him any problems, so we're going to stick with it and see what happens.

It didn't agree with my Golden. We started out slow, like they recommend, with just a sprinkle. But once we got up to a full scoop, the loose stools started. We stopped it and he was right back to normal, so unfortunately there's something in it that doesn't agree with him. We might try it again, in case it was something else or just a fluke. Haven't decided yet.

Deni
Owned by:
Gunner - GSD - 7 years
Riley - Golden Retriever - 2 1/2 years
Jake - (aka Demon kitty) Gray & white tabby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page