Ruger scheduled for neutering - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Ruger scheduled for neutering

I decided to go ahead and schedule Ruger for a neutering appointment this Wed.. Cues in nearing 11 months old, and we had initally made plans to keep them seperate when she came into heat. I have 2 crates in the house and 2 seperate fenced areas. But even though BF is well meaning, he can make mistakes. He would be in charge of them 3 nights/week when I'm off to work. The only way I can be 100% sure that there will be no OPPS litter is to have a least one fixed. I don't know about Cues, but I do know that Ruger is not Daddy material, so he goes first. I'm so worried about him. It doesn't help that I've been dealing with complications from gelding a 2 yr old colt all weekend. The only dog I've ever neutered was a mixed breed puppy, so I'm freaking out about a 5 yr old dog. I bought a QA collar, but it is large and I know he'll hate it. Has anyone used one of the "pillow" collars before, and how did it work? I just pray he'll be OK. If anything happens to him, and I've done this for convenience, I'll never forgive myself. (I knew I should have gotten a male puppy!)

Cinzar's Dark Shadow Too (Ruger) CGC, RN 1/8/05
SG Quinn Z Old Farm (Cues) IPO 3, KKL 6/7/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page