black tooth - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Question black tooth

Molly's new k9's are coming in beside her puppy ones. One of her puppy k9' s is turning black. It doesn't seem to bother her. Is this normal?
Before I make another expensive trip to the vet I thought I would post her for help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Crowned Member

Back, to me, would mean a loss of blood supply to the tooth. I would call the vet to see if this was normal and how it might affect her adult tooth.

My son "killed" a tooth when he was little when he fell on something but his adult tooth came in fine...until his friend shot it out with a pellet gun. Must be it just wasn't meant to be.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 11:17 AM

I agree with Jax08. Is the tooth loose? If so, you can help to pull it out by "jiggling it", medical term, if not, call your vet. Sounds like an abcessed tooth and can cause a serious infection. I've had experience with this in one of our Basset Hounds but was an adult tooth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page