Care Credit account - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Care Credit account

Has anyone ever seen the display and applications for Care Credit at the vets office or Animal Emergency hospital? 2 years ago while at the vet i opened an account with them for $6500.00 in case of a major vetenary expense. i have never used it. yesterday i got a letter from GE credit (issuer of the card) telling me the account was officially closed due to lack of use and nothing will be shown on my credit report. I always thought credit cards or credit lines were for an Emergency. am i wrong about that?

RAMSEY 10/07

Mark.o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Crowned Member

they are a business. This has been happening to a lot of people. Even people who use their accounts and pay in full each month are getting canceled. After all, if you don't carry a balance, the bank doesn't make any money
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Crowned Member

I ran up a huge bill on several credit cards when my senior Hooligans were alive. I've always paid well above the minimum payments on my credit cards and have always paid on time, I was the "perfect" customer as far as payments went.

Recently my smallest card I used for little purchases that had a very low maximum balance cancelled my account because of the large credit debts and I always completely paid this account off every month or two. Another card lowered the amount I could charge by about $6,000, the third lowered the amount by about $3,000. Times are tough and the card companies aren't as obliging as they used to be.

Maybe you could open another Care Credit account, use it once a year, pay it off and still keep the credit available for emergencies????

Gayle, Faith, Ledgie, Scooby
At the Bridge: Andy, Abbey, Tasha, Tex, Echo, Yukon, JR, Too, Niki, Bo, Ringer, Kelly, Honey, Mac, Slider & Bruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

I actually have a Vet appt. in an hour from now and will probably do exactly what you said and open another account for an emergency use. I also run up credit card limits and pay them off before the interest kicks in such as homedepots 12 months same as cash and sears. i have never been late or missed a payment and havent had my limits reduced yet , actually raised. Care credit is the only account to ever close me for lack of use. i always thought their Credit line was for emergency use only. i suppose if the need comes, i can dig into my wallet for another card.

RAMSEY 10/07

Mark.o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page