Bug Off Garlic Users - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Bug Off Garlic Users

I know several of you started your dogs on Bug Off Garlic this year (my dogs have been on it for 6 years).

Any problems with ticks?

What about fleas?

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Bug Off Garlic Users

no fleas, no ticks. nyet. nada. good stuff!

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I thought maybe we could gather some unscientific data here on this board since many folks are seeing adverse reactions to the topical stuff.

My dogs have been on it for 6 years.

In 6 years I have found 1 tick total on a dog. We spend a lot of times in the woods and tall grass.

In 6 years I have had one flea infestation in my yard and my dogs did get fleas. Other than that I have only ever found one flea on all dogs total.

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: katielizno fleas, no ticks. nyet. nada. good stuff!
Ditto. Used it with advantix on Kayla until last fall. Use it exclusively without advantix/frontline/etc with both dogs since then and we have spent a lot of time in the local regional parks. So far so good.

Samuel

Lancer 05/01/08
Tory 09/19/14

Kayla (RIP) 02/12/05-09/22/14
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Elite Member

I started using it this spring. I have never found a flea on my dogs (knock on wood), so there's no change there. Ticks are bad here, before the Bug Off Garlic I'd pick one or two off the dogs every couple of weeks. Since I started using it...I have not found a single tick embedded on any of the dogs. I also got my parents using it on their dogs, and I don't think they've found any ticks either.

Not very scientific but I am happy without ticks!

I haven't used any of the topical flea/tick stuff for years, but when I did, the ticks didn't seem deterred by it at all. I didn't notice a difference between when I used it and when I didn't...I realized I was putting poison on the dogs and never looked back.

Djenga von Castra Regina RL2 BH HIC TT

PAM ARCH SG Kessy vom Waldwinkel 2xHGH Schh1 OB2 RL1X RL3 RN TT AD

Madina vom Arolser Holz BH AD CGC
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ChancetheGSD Send a message via Yahoo to ChancetheGSD

I started my dogs on it a few months ago and everyone was doing great keeping fleas/ticks off them (Actually only had a problem with ticks before. Didn't have a flea problem when I started them.) until I let my grandmas dogs sleep with me ONE night and Chance picked up 3 or 4 hitch hikers from her dogs. I brushed them out and thought they were gone but when I spent another day at her house a week later he picked up 3 more. I haven't seen any since getting them off (But also haven't been back to her house) and pray there aren't any but just in case I did end up using Advantage for the first time (After the first few were found but apparently it didn't keep the second 3 off) and now I've just been using Springtime garlic and apple cider vinegar in his food and each night I comb lemon water through his coat which seems to be working. Even the vet couldn't find any today so hopefully the little dfhsdkfasd are gone. >_<

I wouldn't consider my situation an actual flea problem though, just a few who hopped on from being around 5 flea infested dogs. I don't think they were biting and if they tried, I'm sure he tasted awful.

Though I've had luck keeping ticks off! Lol! Before I started I found a few on Chance after we'd go into the woods/tall grass areas and since using the Bug Off I haven't found any.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Bump for more responses.

Rafi the malaroo

....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Master Member

I am interested in this... I have googled it , is this what you all use? http://www.springtimeinc.com/product/148/2

Chantell

Chyanne-GSD-3/22/09
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Yes, that's it. I've been using it for 6 years but I knew some people on this board started using it this year so I wondered what kind of results people were getting.

Rafi the malaroo

....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Crowned Member

Bump-- i'm also curious to hear what people think of this, and what sort of results they have had with it!

Patti
Frauchen von:

Grimm van den Heuvel, aka "The Doofinator"
My strong-minded, very loving boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page