Frontline doesn't work? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Frontline doesn't work?

I let my puppy play with the Golden Retriever next door the other day... Yesterday my neighbors were bathing and grooming their dog, i went over and saw a massive ammount of fleas on their dog..
I immediately went home and checked my pupp. she had about 15 fleas on her... I was soo that they hadnt found them sooner and allowed her outside to play with other dogs.

I went to the pet shop and bought her flea spray, and a comb.
I also had previously ordered Frontline + but it hasnt got here yet

should i return it and get something else or will it work? I never heard anything bad about Frontline. but another post had people saying it didnt work?

Any help would be appreciated. I want to get it on here as soon as it gets here and will switch to Revolution or Comfortis when i get to the vet but until then will Frontline do the job?

Chris
PS puppy is 16wks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Master Member

Re: Frontline doesn't work?

Frontline hasn't been great for my dog. I am switching for her dose next week to Revolution.

That said, I think it depends greatly on the dog. Some people love it. If you already paid for it, give it a shot. You can always switch the following month.

~Stephanie

Alexa (04/25/09)

Princess (GSD/Pit Rescue) October 1996-September 2004
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Knighted Member

Frontline and Advantage did not work for my crew... Comfortis has worked and can be used once pups reach 16 weeks.

~Alison

Shadow-10 year old GSD (03-16-99)
Duchess-4 year old GSD (11/04)
Gianna vom Wildhaus-GSD (3-2-09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Knighted Member

Frontline used to work for Heidi, but doesn't seem to anymore. Is Comfortis pretty safe? I got a flea collar for Heidi, but it smells awful, so I really don't want to subject her to it!

Karin and Dave

Heidi, 9-year-old GSD
Adopted on 10/14/07 from:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sheba, GSD/Malamute
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 PM

I have my two on Advantix; helps with fleas, ticks & mosquitos. I haven't had a flea or tick yet this year. (knock on wood!) The mosquitos still swarm them though...

Actually, last time I was at my vets there was a lady in looking for Frontline & the Vet Tech told her they did not carry it anymore b/c people were complaining it did not work. So they started using Advantage and did not seem to have as many complaints. I've never used it; Kane was on Advantix all last year & Kaiya started it last month.

Crystal

Mommy to:
Kane - Male GSD (Apr 23 '08)
Kiah - Female GSD (May 7 '09)

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." -Gilda Radner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page