Need suggestions for pet insurance? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Master Member

Need suggestions for pet insurance?

Hello friends,
I have decided that I want to get insurance for my four babies. I don't really know where to start though, in finding the right coverage, company, and all that. I'm not exactly broke, but if something happened to one of my animals that would cost thousands of dollars...we'd end up out on our behinds because I wouldn't be able to pay rent afterwards. I'm kind of paycheck to paycheck right now, it's the first time I'm out on my own. I'd choose my animals over my townhouse, that I'm completely sure of. I really don't want to have to choose though, and I'm a very paranoid person in general. Bella and I were playing fetch out in front where there's no fence, earlier today. She took a misstep where the curb is a corner, bent her leg, and smacked her face on it. She screamed for a good 30 seconds, I started crying and checking her leg for pain. There was none, and she was still running on it, so I think it hurt her chin. It just got me thinking, it's time for insurance. I need a comany with good coverage, decent rates, and one that will cover Bella, and my three cats. One of which is getting up there in age. Any suggestions? How has your insurance helped you out in the past??

Devin-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The cat's have profiles too, look in her family.
Tiny One Mewer (Tom)-Chartreux 4/3/01
Nico-DSH Tabby 4/13/08
Shai-DMH Torti Tabby 8/26/08
Rescues.
PLEASE ALTER YOUR PETS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Need suggestions for pet insurance?

If you keep up your credit, you can always apply for Care Credit if/when needed. I just did that with one of my dogs that needed emergency surgery.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Need suggestions for pet insurance?

here is another thread in the puppy section:

i have petplan, but would have also considered trupanion if my dog had been under the age of 1.

https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...=1#Post1116215

Derek

owned by:
Kimba (gsd) 5/9/07
Saby the mutt~1/15/01
Frisco (gsd) 6/21/02
Luka (feline)d.o.b.~2004
RIP-canines-Buddy, Roxy, Kujo, Kato, Pierre
felines-Chanel, Panther, TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page