How to get rid of collar marks? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

How to get rid of collar marks?

My dogs don't wear collars around the house and in the yard (its fenced and I don't leave them out alone). I'd rather not get into details but Gunner was being "baby sat" by my ex and when he came home he had a MAJOR indent from wearing his collar 24/7 (maybe an exaggeration - but A LOT!). It's very obvious to me and catches my eye .. How can I get it to go away? I've been brushing him daily and he's had 2 baths and its still there. The hair isn't bald in the area because I've pulled the hair up to look but its an dent obvious dent. Maybe time and a few months of shedding??

Mom to:
- *Gunner* - 6/6/08
- *Loki* - 4/20/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Re: How to get rid of collar marks?

Have you tried combing it out instead of brushing? Try combing backwards (against the grain so to speak).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Re: How to get rid of collar marks?

Yes, I have been combing. I didn't mean to say "brushing", sorry. He was a tad matted where his collar was so maybe that had something to do with it. When he first came home I had at least 10 slickers full of hair in the matter of 20 minutes. This whole situation has just frustrated me beyond belief.

Mom to:
- *Gunner* - 6/6/08
- *Loki* - 4/20/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page