My Opinion on Pedi-Paws - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

My Opinion on Pedi-Paws

I had two Dremel in my garage. One is cordess. But I had to try this new thing out for $19.99. I don't know anything about grooming as such. I clip nails. But this thing is a piece of JUNK! I tried it on my 12 lb Cairn terrier. The sanding disc stopped for lack of power. It had two new batteries. Then I tried it on both my male GSd. It was like cutting wood with a butterknife. Useless! Mine is going back as soon as I get to the store. I am going to get a disc for my Dremel and start using it.
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 04:50 PM

Re: My Opinion on Pedi-Paws

I knew they didnt look like anything worth buying. Thanks for the feedback on it. =)

Kita---GSD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Charlie-- GSD

RIP : 5-20-07 - 5-24-08 We miss you girl!
Elli--- GSD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 05:15 PM

Got one for christmas spent about 2 hours getting both dogs use to it.
Not to impressed with it. Cheap no power. got to be very easy with it or it boggs down. I do believe it is better than clippers.

If I had a dremel that would be better but still need to go easy, dont want to remove too much nail.

give it a 1 out of 10. would not recommend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Crowned Member

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merens...el/dremel.html

This site explains how to Dremel a dog's nails with a REAL Dremel and also includes information on the correct tips to buy. The PediPaws is just another cheap piece of junk.

Renji - 6 y/o M GSD x chow rescue

"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Thanks for the website.
Paul
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Crowned Member

Thanks for the feedback -- I've been wondering if it came close to the Dremmel.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Crowned Member

I bought one, and already had the dremel. I could tell right away, the pedi-paws didn't have the same power. I then read reviews after googling it and 90% were negative. So I returned it. In hind-sight, I should have donated it to the SPCA, as I got it for less than $15.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 PM

Oh boy...I got one of these for Christmas. I'll be testing it out on my cat. If it works for her I'll keep it for her, if it doesn't it's going back asap. I wont be using it on the dog now though after hearing this.

~Home~
Loki (Feloki von Arimo GSD B/R)
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Crowned Member

I got one too. It works great on my new Shih Tzu & Pug. It didn't have enough power to use on DaKota though. Poor girl just sat there looking at me with her paw held out to me, as if to say, me too Mom".
I did get one a few years back from Walmart, from the hardware section that works great on her.

~Saving just one
will not change the
world, but surely will
change the world
for that dog~

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ChancetheGSD Send a message via Yahoo to ChancetheGSD

I got one for Christmas and actually like mine. It did great on Chance and you don't have to put a lot of pressure. It'd have worked well on my small dogs too if they didn't have problems with people touching their feet. (Even if they're just laying down and you aren't trying to clip the nails they FLIP if you touch their feet)

It DOES take like 10 or 15 minutes to finish all 4 paws but since it didn't go really fast and shave down fast I could take my time to get it nicely shaped and filed to the point I wanted without going too far too fast.

Also just a warning, they have an automatic turn off for safety reasons if you put a lot of pressure to the head of it. It's not a fault with the product, it's meant to be like that.

Maybe it's because I've never used a dremel before (So I don't know what others are like) but I really liked my Pedi-Paws. I don't think it would work well for a dog that doesn't like having it's nails clipped/filed since it doesn't go fast but for dogs that are ok with it, it works well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page