Raw feeding amount feedback - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By BigOzzy2018
  • 1 Post By Fodder

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Raw feeding amount feedback

Hello guys,

Rex is 1.5 years old. Heathy male and weighs about 77 pounds. Embark DNA test says he should grow to about 100 pounds....

Notwithstanding what the DNA test says but also taking it into consideration, I am wondering if I should increase the feeding.

He eats 3 pounds per day happily. The food is pre packed commercial raw from a very well reputed company, all analysed for vits and mixed with all the right proportions. Total of the 3 pounds is higher than the percentage of weight that I have been reading. Calories would be around 1,800.... Calories from raw I understand are overall less than the other foods.

Should I try 4 pounds and see where that takes us? By the percentages that would be for sure on the higher end. But if he is eating and at a good weight no gaining much and no runny poop, should I try or stick with 3 pounds.?

Thanks for your feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Master Member

My guy is 16mo and I feed him 2 lbs in the morning and 2 in the eve. He is 73lbs lean and and awesome condition. Being summer and more active he may need a bit more but for now it’s perfect for him. I go by what he looks like not feeding guidelines.
wolfy dog likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Master Member

Oh I should add just because embark states
he will be 100 does not mean he will be 100% so I would not feed anymore just based on that. If he looks lean and fit no ribs showing but you can feel them then leave him if he is too lean then increase a little more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Crowned Member

I absolutely would not feed according to a dna tests projected weight. If his body condition is good... keep feeding what you’re feeding.
ausdland likes this.

TILDEN: Male: Blk/Red LHGSD: DOB: 12/24/06 65lbs of Love
KEYSTONE: Male: Sable: DOB: 2/11/13 55lbs of Go!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page