Trippet warning!!!!!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Steve Strom

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Trippet warning!!!!!!!

Recently ordered a case thru Amazon as Jager likes a spoonful with his food every now and then. This morning upon putting some in his bowl I found several rubber tube like pieces. They were greenish-blue in color and almost the size of elbow macaroni! I have since emailed the company and emailed Amazon as well. Are there any other places that I should notify?

Kerstone's Meister Jager Geist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Crowned Member

Wow! What kind of trippett was it?

I think just the company. If you get no satisfaction, then look into who else may need to be notified.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Crowned Member

That could just be some stomach parts that got through the processing. Is it actual rubber? Can you squish it? Actual raw tripe can have some funny looking pieces of gut:
http://www.greentripe.com/groundtripe.jpg
onyx'girl and carmspack like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Crowned Member

Contact the U.S. F.D.A. They have a webform to submit complaints about dog food.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkinttrim View Post
Recently ordered a case thru Amazon as Jager likes a spoonful with his food every now and then. This morning upon putting some in his bowl I found several rubber tube like pieces. They were greenish-blue in color and almost the size of elbow macaroni! I have since emailed the company and emailed Amazon as well. Are there any other places that I should notify?
How to Report a Pet Food Complaint

I don't know if this is for individuals or not, I didn't read thru but you might want to check it out.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Strom View Post
That could just be some stomach parts that got through the processing. Is it actual rubber? Can you squish it? Actual raw tripe can have some funny looking pieces of gut:
http://www.greentripe.com/groundtripe.jpg
find out what it is first.

post a picture .

greenish blue could be discolouration from the active enzymes - may be undigested clobs of grassy material which the animal ate .

it is green unwashed tripe.

Carmen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

I did the Web form for FDA and sent them pics. The company is out of Canada so don't know if they can help. It is definitely rubber! I'll try to upload a pic. Amazon gave me an immediate refund but still haven't heard from Pet Kindle the manufacturer of Triplett.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466466726694470609278_1466466743587.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	371641  

Last edited by mkinttrim; 06-20-2016 at 07:54 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Crowned Member

cattle must have eaten something in the field. Tripe is the stomach ruminants after all.

Jane~
Kept by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart

3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 12:06 AM
Crowned Member

cows eat everything --- remember our farmer friend who supplies us with organic hay for the horses telling us about
feeding cows magnets to catch little pieces of metal that they may pick up in the fields --- "hardware disease"

https://thewifeofadairyman.blogspot....cows-life.html

Carmen

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page