lil white bump - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

lil white bump

My GSD is almost two years old and the last few days i have noticed a lil white bump under is chin. It feels hard to the touch and is outside the skin, it is smaller than the size of a pencil eraser not really sure what analogy to use for the size. it almost feels like a skin flap but i can tell when i touch it a certain way that its uncomfortable to him. I have attached some pictures below to see what everyone thinks. I havent noticed any change in behavior, still eats and runs around at the park like a crazy dog. Any opinions would be great, we will most likely be going to the vet to get it checked out, but some input before would be awesome

Marley - 5 month Old Silver / Black GSD
Liza - 5 year old bengal cat
Kiara - 5 year old bengal cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Crowned Member

Re: lil white bump

My GSD gets something that looks just like these. They pop up in sporadic places. They go through weird stages, takes several months for that to happen. The ends sometimes get kinda flakey and then break off, sometimes white stuff comes out, but they always bleed ALOT.

I'll be interested to see what your vet says.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Re: lil white bump with pictures

Lisa is this something that went away on its own? he did have the bumps around his lips that spread out kind of like a cailiflower and we used Vetri-DMG liquid to boost his immune system and they went away in about a week. That was about 8 months ago and it was something that alll his friends at the park got to. He had two and they got really big and ugly. Also this hasnt bleed yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Crowned Member

It's not clear to me if something in Max's diet helped the process. Sometimes they seem to move through the cycle quickly, and occasionally there has been a stubborn one.

They start as a flat raised part, then start looking "warty" and most rise like a column, like your picture. At this point, one of two things happens. That column starts getting taller and remains a bit pliable. If squeezed, either blood, or a bit of solid white stuff comes out. Or they don't remain pliable, but get kinda flakey and rough in appearance, break off and BLEED. Now that I think of it, he hasn't had them lately -- maybe it's the fish oil?

Max has never had any lip issues. These have all been on his trunk, legs, and one on the tail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Crowned Member

My golden/border x got these in her older [email protected], on her face and head. I had to have two removed as one was right on her eyelid and another under her eye, so it was in her vision. Neither were cancerous. This was when Onyx was a pup and her teeth playing with Clover would break them open and bleed they did, it was never ending til we were able to remove them.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
M&J
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to M&J

I get rid of Lilly's with http://www.vetskin.com

I put it on them a couple days. They turn black and fall off.

Mary
I got a dog for my husband. It was a good trade.

Athena and Zeus
LILLY and RUDY
In Memory of MADISON, The King 12/89-6/04
In Memory of JAKE, The Perfect Dog 9/01-11/02
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

M&J

thanks I will look into that, do you know what these little bumps are? are they a wart? do you know what causes them?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
M&J
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to M&J

Warts, cysts, just plain growths. Like the others said, some have white stuff in them, some bleed, some flake off. Some are like toenail material growing out of the skin.
I had a few biopsied. Some came back as benign ancanthomas. The rest were just benign other skin things.
The ones that look like your dog's are pretty easy to remove with the Vetskin. They turn black almost overnight and fall off.

Mary
I got a dog for my husband. It was a good trade.

Athena and Zeus
LILLY and RUDY
In Memory of MADISON, The King 12/89-6/04
In Memory of JAKE, The Perfect Dog 9/01-11/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page